My new tinnie - Live well and esky.

Bri The Pom

post-662-144598791304_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598791297_thumb.jpg

- post-662-144598788207_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598788198_thumb.jpg

Hi guys n gals,

Picked up a tinnie today, just for broadwater fishing and maybe crabbing and canals. Will deck it out similar to my last tinnie, this one is a clark 3.6 with a 15 evinrude on the bum.

will fit the usual cast deck,live well, esky and possibly a bow mount, oh and the compulsary 50 rod holders.

So please slow down as you go past and say g'day.

cheers

Bri

Just an update on progress i have added a bait tank, i will add weight in the tank and try it out to see if the position is good as i think behind the rear seat may not plane,well see.I will also add photos of pipework when fitted.

I have removed the foam from the middle seat and added a built in esky. This is a foil faced insulation called P3 used in industrial air conditioning, this is glued together with silicone and the seal all joints to make it watertight. A bung will be added to drain slurry this will be piped to a third bung in the transom.

More photos on further mods to follow when complete.

Going out in the broadwater for the first time on sunday see how she goes.

Nice one Bri - looks reasonably deep for a 12ft job. Have a false floor already?

How's your other boat been treating you lately?

No floor just an engine and fuel tank.

The other boat going well, not to many fish and a nightmare to clean, but nice and dry inside..

Ray, how are you mate, the blocks were there because i was jumping inside and the front tipped up.Fly i hope so,it will soon slow up with a battery live well and larger fuel tank and false floor.

Looks like a good little project, I assume that knob is the rich/lean adjustment??? Adjusts how much fuel goes through the carbie, I think the idea is to start the motor then adjust it to get the smoothest idle, I have never had one tho, hopefully someone can be more specific.

• 3 weeks later...

post-662-144598801379_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598801372_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598801365_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598801358_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598801351_thumb.jpg

post-662-144598801344_thumb.jpg

Just an update on the progress of the tinnie,all the floor is now complete and carpeted,all the hatches are complete except for the one on the fuel tank opening.All i need now are hinges to fix to all the hatches and to decide what to do around the seat area.

What you can see are the long esky then the bait tank and further forward is the main storage area. To the rear we have another storage area and a hatch to access the fuel tank and in front of that is a small esky for food and drinks and ice blocks.

More updates to follow.

Cheers

Bri.

Nice work Bri. What material did you use to make the long esky?

The matreial is called P3 its a 20mm foil faced insulation mainly used for air conditioning unit, this is cut to size a basically silicone together and silicone all joints, a section of p3 is glued to the inside of the lid and covered with a car sun screen cut to size.A drain plug in the bottom of the esky. This will keep fish cold all day,but not much longer.

• 4 weeks later...
Taking it out for the first time in the morning with the new floor, i'll let you know.

How did you go with it Bri?

I will be picking up a 12ft tinny with a '88 15hp johnson and want to upgrade the floor and your setup is the one I like best so far.

Any new pictures or are you finished on it?

Taking it out for the first time in the morning with the new floor, i'll let you know.

How did you go with it Bri?

I will be picking up a 12ft tinny with a '88 15hp johnson and want to upgrade the floor and your setup is the one I like best so far.

Any new pictures or are you finished on it?

She went very well, very stable casting up front and the live well fills and empties nicely.

All i have done since the photo's is added hinges to all the lids

• 2 months later...

Archived