PORK ROAST - 12L Convection Oven

Woodlaz

G'day People,

I recently purchased a 12L convection oven from KMART for $39. I have been mega impressed with it so far - used it most nights since purchase. Have cooked crumbed chicken drumsticks, potatoes, pumpkin, steak, chips (came out awesomely crunchy) & chops with great results. Don't even need oil or anything. It doesn't heat up the kitchen (like a normal oven). It is easy to clean (has a self clean mode) a simple rinse, wipe and dry afterwards and your set to go again. Quite possibly the best kitchen product I have ever bought.

Only a couple more tests to do - bake a cake and roast a pork (hoping to get a good crackle). If these tests pass - I doubt i'll ever use the standard oven again.

Also I will be roasting some lamb early next month thanks to Madmullet ;) can't wait.

Has anybody got one of these convection ovens?? - what's your opinion/experience with it. Any tips on cooking a good pork roast with crispy crackle?

Cheers

Woodlaz

Hahaha, I didn't take any pics but I'll find one close to our end product.

However we ended up cooking a roast pork on the weekend. Was a 1.5kg leg. The crackle turned out to be close to - if not - the best we had ever made. Not too hard that you feel like your going to chip a tooth and not to soft that u gotta chew it like gum. Was really good.

I just rubbed salt and some oil into the rind prior to cooking. We tested the pork after an hour and that was when we took the crackle off as the rest of the pork was still running red juices. Another 20 minutes and it appeared to have been perfect but we later found there was still a bit of pink right next to the bone. Not too bad for a first attempt.

Heres is what the crackle resembled

post-2162-144598796204_thumb.jpg

I ate ALL the crackle that night and half a tin of apple sauce :)- I couldn't stop myself :ohmy:

Cheers

Woodlaz

Nice one Woodlaz! Last thing I need to see just before knock off time though :( you've made me bloody hungry with that pic mate........and why only half a jar of apple sauce? Were you not feeling well? lol

LOL, it was the 2nd half of the jar - I swear I didn't open it. :whistle: :blink:

Cheers

Woodlaz

• 2 weeks later...

these thing are the ducks nuts ,have done mini dim sims steamed 3 time (perfect ).

did mega value pack 1 k Asian banquet,20 c#cktail dim sims 24 c#cktail spring rolls ,20 savoury samosas .all steamed ,crunchy like if they where deep fried but healthy .

today did lite garlic bread ,came out perfect .

tonight 2 x 2 kg roasted chickens ,bloody perfect.

post-10937-144598805417_thumb.jpg

post-10937-144598805426_thumb.jpg

post-10937-144598805433_thumb.jpg

2 roasted chickens from the shops cost about 15 $ and they are tiny ,19 $ and these 2 where heaps we had left overs .feeding 10 of us :)

Archived