Green zone , how not to enter.

Bri The Pom

gday bri

eddie has the navionics application i think its called? it shows all the green zones in the bay and it tracks ur position so u know weather ur are in or out of them. by far the easiest way i reckon, just gotta pay 40 bucks for the program. cheap investment as u dun wanna get caught fishing in one.

I found the files Bri,gotta love the search function in Hotmail

There is 2 types of files in this lot.

One group are .USR which is what you will load onto your SD card I think and then upload and install into the GPS

The second set of files are listed as RTE files which you should be able to use on your pc with the Navionics Planner software.

Each file has a separate green zone so you can just upload the zone that you want to use on the day.

Send me your email address so I can send you the zip file.

The map card you have cannot be edited to add any marks to it.

If you try to edit it you will wreck the card.

The files I just sent you have to be uploaded onto a SD card and that is then put into your GPS.

Then you upload the files and they are over layed onto your chart.

Only upload the files that end with .usr onto your GPS.

The RTE files are for using on your computer with nav planning software if you have it.

I know the current garmin maps have the zones on them. There is some waypoint lists around that will give you an idea of where they are but I have noticed that at certain zoom levels the waypoint files are to the west a bit. When zoomed in they are about on the mark.

South side has that many weird green zones it isn't funny. Very very hard for anyone with maps to work it out.

The files I just sent you have to be uploaded onto a SD card and that is then put into your GPS.

The RTE files are for using on your computer with nav planning software if you have it.

Thanks Lance i appreciate your time,

If i come across your years of gps mark i promise i won't load them, honest.

just get the navionics app Bri, it is pinpoint accurate, you can virtually be sitting on the edge of the green zone, and see the boat position real time, you can also overlay onto google maps so you can see the terrain. It is a very good app, and one of the only ones I have ever paid for.

Thanks Lance i appreciate your time,

If i come across your years of gps mark i promise i won't load them, honest.

I don't think your machine would have enough memory for all my marks :P

Just had a look at that navionics app and looks pretty decent for the very small price, cheers haines490slc ;)

I went to buy it but it is CC payment, and I have never had a credit card in my life...Might have to arrange myself one of them visa debit card thingies from the bank. That app would be $16 well spent :)

Just had a look at that navionics app and looks pretty decent for the very small price, cheers haines490slc ;)

I went to buy it but it is CC payment, and I have never had a credit card in my life...Might have to arrange myself one of them visa debit card thingies from the bank. That app would be $16 well spent :)

To get get around credit cards. You can just buy iTunes cards from the Major retailers with cash then add the credit to your iTunes account for purchasing apps through the 'app store'

u can buy a visa debit card from Woolworth's ,like u buy a gift card but its visa .cost $2.50 and u put what amount u want on it .its a one use type .

• 6 years later...

Archived