AFO Wanderers social at Horseshoe Bay Peel island July 20-22

tugger

Camping and fishing at Horseshoe bay on Peel island everyone is welcome to come along with a camp set up on the beach there are plenty of fishing options around the bay and offshore. The camp fire at night will attrack the crew together for plenty of fishing stories of the ones that got away and landed. There should be some deckie spots as it gets closer and these socials are very popular with a good chance to meet some new fishos from the site. Hope to see plenty of you there

We'll actually have to pay for once its not expensive so shouldn't be a problem and i'll look into the fire with a drum etc

tugger, hate to throw a spanner in the works, it looks like open fires are prohibited, and you need to pay and get a permit to camp there.

/>http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/teerk-roo-ra/about.html

Party time this could be big are you bringing the spit roaster

thank god for that otherwise our nuts would freeze off, my birthday is the 23rd, so can be a birthday party for me too. I will probably bring the missus. I will bring some wood.

Party time this could be big are you bringing the spit roaster

thank god for that otherwise our nuts would freeze off, my birthday is the 23rd, so can be a birthday party for me too. I will probably bring the missus. I will bring some wood.
Yup I will bring my spit roast, and I am sure if Mick isn't coming he will lend me mine too, happy to put on a load of chooks again and some big pumpkins.

The beach in horseshoe bay does go out a long way with a very slow slant to the beach and our pully sytems will not work there so that is what i was going to do with the bigger boats is to anchor them out for the night past the drop off and come in by a small tinnie as it will be low tide in the mornings. So if someone is generous enough to bring a small boat for this i can offer a deckie spot in the morning offshore

whats it like there for the tides might have to keep moving the boats,or put them out deep and use a tinnie to ferry back and forth?

got the 12 foot with the 3.5 hp u can use .2 to 3 people can carry it easy .even if i don't make it u guys can use it .

i was going to go dilligaf and fish around peel /stradbroke .i can bring the tinny down and some one tows it across .to travel to peel and tow would just be bad in my tub .

mine is the 9th a bit before ,39 so just another one nothing big .peel and the sand hills are my old stomping grounds ,where i grew up as a kid to teens camping and fishing .the tide goes out at peel just like at the sand hills a long way .think last time i was at peel was early 2000's, us and the kids went over with the olds for a week.

mate don't take wood from the bush, animals usually live in it, I got heaps from some trees I felled last year and Jeremy usually brings some too.

mate no animals where i was going to get the wood from as it has been cleared for the development of houses the trees have been down for a fare while and the bull dozers have just moved in to finish the job. but i dont want to upset anybody so i wont ;) just thought i would make the offer

Archived