Constant bust offs! and a few caught

taib

Well, as mentioned in Sunnydays report, the weather was magnificent at the coast today. Twinky and i moved to 3 spots, first spot didnt start off so well, with a few mishaps including me accidently bumping Hai's stella reel into the sand. Then it was wind knot after wind knot for me. Got peeved off so swapped back to my steez.

Second spot also proved to be hopeless for fish as boat traffic was a nightmare and the wind felt like 30knots so once again, we moved.

3rd time lucky, this old haunt always produces and it only took 5 mins before we hooked onto some solid fish! Hai had a heart thumping run, which we both have NEVER seen before. Whatever it was, it had power like a steam train, taking his bait and bolting to a snag before it could even hit the bottom. Hai did well trying to fight it but at the end, it took off and completely destroyed his line.

Few mins later, hai gets another solid run then busted off again. Few words that arent in the dictionary was used.

It was then my turn. Had something solid take my bait and bolt. Once again, these fish are bloody smart, straight to the snags but not without a good fight. At the end i lost the fight and my 10lb was destroyed.

hai had another 3 more bust offs and i had another 2. Whatever was down there was huge.

Caught about 20 rat bream but anyways, enough talk. Time for some pics

Massive run just before before busted off

hai.jpg

then it was my turn for some little fishies

meandbream.jpg

and then

meandbream3.jpg

and another

meandbream1.jpg

meandbream2.jpg

got a few more pics but these will do.

cheers

post-4323-144598812609_thumb.jpg

Boat traffic was bad everywhere. 30 minute to drop boat in at cleveland in morning and same goes for way back.

Harries looked like a Major shopping center carpark. So many people out.

Did you guys hear about the accident at port last night? A old Viet couple had a accident in the water.they were in a old white centerconsole. They hit a red bouy coming back to ramp the back the way from mud. i think lady broke her leg. Ambulance and police everywhere around 9pm. Saw it when i got dropped back to ramp.

Boat traffic was bad everywhere. 30 minute to drop boat in at cleveland in morning and same goes for way back.

Harries looked like a Major shopping center carpark. So many people out.

Did you guys hear about the accident at port last night? A old Viet couple had a accident in the water.they were in a old white centerconsole. They hit a red bouy coming back to ramp the back the way from mud. i think lady broke her leg. Ambulance and police everywhere around 9pm. Saw it when i got dropped back to ramp.

???? how could you do that??

Branzino?? You mean this Sunnydays?

bran.jpg

haha, nah it was out of action. And yes, i also thought it could have been a late season Jack. I mentioned it to hai, and coz ive caught a few jacks before, it looked like it fought like one.

Yeah Waldo, its definitely fun. Good that this happens, as better than donuts.

Shane: Nope, didnt hear about it. Dont really fish around brisbane too much these days. They must have been speeding for them to get pretty hurt...

what were the fish eating that were 'busting you off ' might help identify them ! but i doubt they were jacks specially if it happened a few times you should of locked up the drag as it looks far enough from the bride too! nice lil report tai

what were the fish eating that were 'busting you off ' might help identify them ! but i doubt they were jacks specially if it happened a few times you should of locked up the drag as it looks far enough from the bride too! nice lil report tai

Chris, bust offs have been all on mullet chunks. Have caught a few jacks elsewhere on mullet chunks. Not sure if it is jacks but wouldn't be surprised

Cheers

Ted they were in a small old centerconsole. It was barely off the water. I think they were speeding. Police and ambos were there when i left. Seff left later and said he talked to lady and they were coming fast and hit a big bouy.

I dont know why people go back way if they dont know the chanel well. It is pretty dangerous at night because you cant see half the markers at night and theres shallow banks everywere. Espically when you are speeding back. Hopefully shes orote though her leg was swallowen pretty bad. Driver had cuts and bruises too.

I was using size 5/0 circle hooks with 30lb leader, second bust off was a clean bite through. drag was set on 3kg-ish to begin with and i knocked it up to about 5kg-ish of drag pressure on the run, but it didnt slow what ever it is down. there was one moment where i had to run into the water to avoid it busting me off the snags, but i didnt stand a chance. time for heavier gear for the next trip. need more stopping power... felt like i lost the gold medal in the Olympics:(

Archived