Tips for Pumicestone Passage?

Gary_C

Hey All,

Erin and I are going to hire one of those self-drive, no license required, tinnies over on Bribie on Thursday. Neither of us have gone through to get our licenses yet, so we'll be stuck in the Pumicestone passage.

I know that bream and flathead are fairly common, but I figure I can catch them from land so would prefer to target other species if they are there.

If anybody is willing to share some advice, it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi Gary, you can hit up the bridge either side of the turn of the tide for snapper and others but once the tide starts moving quick forget it. just around the pylons on the main land side of the main channel, expect a lot of unders.

AZZA Is on the money with the snapper around the bridge, get there as early as possible. You could also head North (Away from the bridge) to the mouth of the canal estate, a spot called the ripples. Plenty of reef and rubble under there, easy to find when the tide is running and a top snapper spot. Only problem is it will take a long time to get there with a 4hp.

The guy that hires the boats (Dave from memory) is always more than happy to point you in the right direction, also stop in at the bait shop just before the bridge called gateway bait and tackle they will point you in the right direction.

Archived