Gold instead of silver.

Funfisher

Nice one

Baits or lures and in the river? (add: sees lure stuck in head, what sort and weight please?)

I am keen to get one and have tried but everywhere I think is a likely spot has strong current run, so have to have serious lead which doesnt seem right to me.

Got some tips?

Thanks

All on lures mate and i cant offer any advice about fishing for them with bait as i have no experience in targeting them that way, they do feed in strong current and normaly once you hook one there will be more. Just drive around and look for them on your sounder they have a very strong reading and are hard to miss.

• 5 weeks later...

HI, FUNFISHER

You are the master of this kind of vibes. I got a threadybuster 95 20g and a Tranzam 95 20g mainly casting form newsteadhouse where I think the deep water I can find landbansed.Can I ask how many lbs you using for main line and leader? And what sort of action you think I can use the lure to chase jew and threadie?

It's a good season of brisbane river, The picture form last week,I finally got myself a fish that can make my drag cicicicicicicici.(live prawn)

post-10627-144598838522_thumb.jpg

cheers

Thunder.Ocean

Hey mate cheers and best line to run for them in 20-30lb main and 40-60lb mono leader such as black magic tough trace. You can go lighter on the mainline but the do have a habit of wrapping you around pylons and anchor ropes ect so the thicker line the better abrasion resistance. I just let the lure fall to the bottom keeping a light contact with the line and slowely hop it back in lifting the rod tip about 30cm each hop.. Their hit is normaly a slight tap tap and thats your cue to strike and set those hooks.

Archived