smashed them in under an hour and a half

rosco1974

post-3985-144598825661_thumb.jpg

[attachment]snapps 15th july 062.jpg[/attachment]

post-3985-144598825618_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598825631_thumb.jpg

with the forcast being 15-20 with lighter winds early we hit the 33's around 6.30 this morning and found a great big baitball in the same spot as last trip out..i took a $4.50 or half a kg packet of pillies from the bp at manly a bit smaller than usual but worked a treat..i gave myself the challange of bagging out on 6 pillies which i did...my 2 deckies shane and my son kieren got a few but i helped them finish theres..i ended up with 7 snapps youngfella got2 and shane got 3 back through the bar by 8.45 all washed up fish filleted by 11.30.got to love days like that,been the same the last few trips.what a snappa season where havin..conditions where good when we arrived but was very ordinary when we left for home

post-3985-144598825663_thumb.jpg

nah mate if your in a 2400 kevlacat and its getting uncomfortable u head in pretty quick.they aint the ususal wannabe offshore boats to be in..give ya an idea a normal trip i sit on 30odd knts comming in we didn't get over 23knts while offshore..also the pics where takin when we where between green and st hellena in sheltered water not offshore.

Nice work Rosco

Another awesome sess. You have the 33s worked out well

Soo Would you consider trading that mark for a Stella 5000sw haha.( did that guy get back to you from fish wreck, i offered him $350 lol). I want to get one too as a all rounder reel.

Hows your stradic fj? Burnt a drag yet. Put carbontex in it. Makes it so much better.

nah not yet mate only used it twice.will happin soon no doubt...not that keen on it really might get ride of it soon..the 6.2 ratio on it is a bit to high for floatlining when bringing up solid fish..yeah mate get me a stella 5000 and the marks yours,lol

Yeah the mid high speed shimano range are not that good for floatlining. I used to use my stradic fj at first, landed some good fish on it and than started getting smoked to much. Now i just use it for spinning slugs. Does the job well for mackerel n tuna.

Same goes for sustain 5000, not that good for floatlining. Thats why i got rid of mine.

Daiwa 3500 n 4000 reels are good. I use my heartland n certate hd for floatlining now. 300 meters of 30lb braid ungraded drags and knobs matched up to terezs. Nice and light too.

Try finding a good certate hyper custom 4000. 1 went on fishing monthly for $400 few weeks back i nearly got it but got too much gear lol. Next up will be stella 5000 sw. Im going to get rid of my 4000p ocea jigger too. Nice reel but i never get to use it properly.

Archived