trailer parking at ramps

netmaker

hi fellow fishos. i am new here so if i've posted in the wrong spot so be it. have been a member of ausfish for 4 years and a lifelong fisho. i attended a meeting with redland city council along with 1 of your members (john?). please read the attached links and show your support for your fellow fishos.
/>http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?185880-Wellington-Point-ramp.-Users-please-read-!!http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?186072-wello-pt-boat-blockade

thanks

dave , the boaties market is on next sunday 29-7-12 at vicci point and would be a good way to spread the word ;)

Calm sunny days are a joke to find a park and council won't act as the Division 1 counciller Wendy Bolgary would rather more car spots than boat parks down there. She usually hangs out the front of the foodworks at wello 1 day most weeks so everyone should voice their concern directly to her .

Her profile explains alot
/>http://www.redland.qld.gov.au/AboutCouncil/MayorCouncillors/Pages/Division1.aspx

Thanks Bill

P.s my tax return was in my bank in 7 days from you doing it :woohoo: cheers

for the benefit of those who cant view:

Wellington Point ramp. Users please read !!

hi all. i have just returned from a community meeting held with council members from redland city council about parking at wellington point reserve. i did not attend as an ausfish rep but i did announce that i would be posting all i heard on site. council members present included our new mayor karen williams and councillors wendy boglary (wellington point) and paul bishop (my local). about 15 odd locals and 2 police officers present along with a council planning engineer and a couple more council reps whose names i missed. a few differing opinions. the owner of the cafe there has something of a vested interest in getting as many carfuls of people down there as possible and had apparently been pushing for the meeting for 7 years. she had a few allies down the front who protest against people being fined for parking in trailer bays minus trailers. a retired policeman (and boatie)helpfully pointed out that payment of boat rego is also payment for trailer parking and in addition that the number of trailer bays at the reserve is already below the number statutes decree for the number of ramps there. the number of bays (near enough to agreed upon) was 150 car bays and 75 car/trailer bays. proposals put forward included allowing cars to park in a section of trailer bays for certain hours on the weekend, employing a traffic warden to manage parking and of course signage and penalty enforcement. i would have to say that the boaties and police supported the latter as other options would appear to be unenforceable. council is intending to issue a plan of some sort in august which will be in the local paper and open to public comment. they will also advise interested parties by email. i think that boaties in the redlands (over 10000 registered) need to take a minute to email council and register as an interested party. this affects us all. less spaces at wello pt means more congestion at surrounding ramps. with more and more boats registered each year and an increasing population in general the situations at OUR ramps will continue to worsen if we do nothing. go on, take the minute.

it can take less. feel free to cut and paste:

re: wellington point reserve trailer parking

dear sir/madam. i wish to register my interest in the parking situation at wellington point reserve as a concerned recreational boatie. i would also like to add that i object to any reduction in trailer parking available. please inform me of progressions on the subject via email.

thank you

rcc@redland.qld.gov.au

ok fishos. i have decided i am on a crusade. i'm looking for a show of hands. if you haven't read wellington point parking issue threads, please do. if you have, please show some support to your fellow ausfishos and fishos in general. i want to get numbers of those prepared to bring their trailers - boat, box, caravan whatever and come join with some mates for a sunday morning extended barby at the point. date to be weather dependent so it would be good to start putting some names and numbers down so i can send a bulk text when the weather is looking good. i have been giving out fliers to my tax clients referring to the thread and am collecting new numbers daily. i did 40 returns today. most everyone if they dont fish have family and friends who do. those of you who are members on other fishing forums, please post a referral or cut and paste. I am rather certain that the boys in blue are on our side as i was informed by a client today (quite high up the police ladder)that they were very unhappy with councils stance. i told him i was very happy that he was very unhappy. btw, brekky will be on me.

cheers

yeah plenty of non residents use that ramp too

totally. this is not a localised problem. population growth and increasing numbers of registered boats will only continue to add pressure to our already stretched facilities. many boat ramps up and down our coast are situated in picturesque locations. increasing numbers of daytrippers will only worsen current problems. if we do nothing we will be walked all over. the net enables us to unite and help each other, be it just through email support or more vigilante (but legal)type action. i want my kids and grandkids to be able to experience the pleasures of fishing the bay and to have room to launch a boat and park their damn trailer. and just for the record: i usually fish mid week.

It is not only Wello ramp parking being reduced.

Less parking at Viccy pt for new bus station.

Less parking at Weinam Creek Redland bay ramp when relocated.

Cheers

Ray

too true ray. last time wello was reshuffled we lost trailer bays to car parks. it cannot possibly get better. the best we can hope for is to prevent it from getting worse.

i can understand as a newbie here, that many of you may be loathe to send me your mobile numbers. there are a couple of members on site here who i believe will attest to my integrity. i have prepared returns for them for many years and have been in business for myself for 6 years after 15 years preparing tax on salary. if i dont try and do something about this, who will? if one of you wants to pick up the ball here and collect numbers from those who trust you that would be fine with me. i will be at the boaties market next week handing out fliers and talking to whoever will listen. come say gidday.

davo

thanks rosco. update: 25 so far including some large rigs. putting fliers under wipers at wello every morning this week before work, taking some pics of the parks and doing some sums. also been thinking that a fine weather weekend would be a good thing as boaties going out that day will still take up trailer bays - we may even be able to bail them up and see if they will park where it will help us and send them on their way with a hot brekky.

Archived