Desert Island Smart Phone tips and tricks please!

MoparKevUk

Have entered the world of Smart Phones (HTC Amaze). Ran out of battery Saturday night at Straddy (Not so Smart Phone!) Fast Ed told me to turn me Apps off and BlueTooth off, but how do you Non Boaties charge yer phone on longer awaydays? Solar? Hand crank? A dynamo attached to yer reel? (Copyright MoparKevUK! ;) ) Emergency battery pack? What's the go? Don't want the supposedly easy option of taking a spare battery....

TIA!

Mopar, the biggest killer for my iPhone is 3G. I realise you have an HTC and not an iPhone, but I assume the battery sucking features are the same. Turn off that and any other form of data connectivity (WiFi, Blutooth etc) and you should see significant longer battery life.

Aside from that, install a 12 volt socket into your boat like others have said, and get a car charger for your phone.

There will be a widgit u can add to one of ur main screens. It shows u can adjust screen brightness (big battery killer), weather u want apps to keep awake and updating/refreshing. u can also turn off blue tooth, WiFi, gps all with one button. It's also easy to c what u have turned on.

They now sell solar cases for most smart phones, they arnt exactly cheap and if its in your pocket all day it doesnt do much but you can put it face down on any surface and it will charge providing theres sun of course. Other then that all the other tips a good. When I go on long adventures I normally throw my simcard into my classic nokia 3315 brick phone just for texts and calls which is all i really use my phone for.

Archived