Existing.

ryanyoung

G'day All,

Since getting a bit of new kit the other day, I have been itching to give it a run. Today was the first time I had the chance, taking off from Fisho's at 0537ish. It was a very quick run out to the front of the river, and it seemed in no time at all, I was rigging up the rods. I decided to tie a slug on one rod, on the off chance of seeing some bust-ups. The other combo was the Exist with 2lb, on a Samurai 1/3kg stick.

Anyway, this was the site to greet me this morning...

post-5695-144598844306_thumb.jpg

First cast and the plastic gets taken on the drop, and a small time later, I netted this runt bream.

post-5695-14459884432_thumb.jpg

Many thoughts went through my head at this stage. No donut, broken in the exist (on a runt :blink: ), and that this could be a good days fishing judging by the first cast :woohoo:

It wasn't to be though, as within ten minutes or so, the leccy started to fail (I assume it is a flat battery, although it was charged fully within the last week), with half power turning grudgingly, whilst full power had no prop action at all. I also hooked onto a fish that took me right back into his hole in the wall. Regardless of what I did, I couldn't get him out (muscling wasn't an option with the line), so I free-spooled him, and soon enough, my lure came out....minus the fish :ohmy:

With this in mind, I had another twenty minutes or so of drifting along the rock wall, with a couple of hits for no result. This is about the time I saw some bust-ups, so went off to investigate. The first cast into the mix resulted in a tailor of about 40cm taking the slug. Into the esky with him. In the time it took me to de-hook and store, the school had moved on, so I went searching. I got close again and cast out, with another chopper taking my slug after biting through the leader. This didn't concern me, so I began tying another leader, when the longtail tuna made an appearance. I reckon my howl of dismay would have been heard back in the city as all I could do was re-tie, and hope they didn't move on......They did :S

Anyway, it was back to the rockwall after that, drifting along with the current. I had a plastic down deep, when it got smashed on the drop-off. This thing took off, and I was very wary of busting the 2lb, so took it ultra easy. After a very good fight, I see colour.....PINK!!! Once on the lie detector, he went 44cm to the tip, and was a great amount of fun on stupid string.

post-5695-14459884433_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598844339_thumb.jpg

I called it quits after that, as I was a bit late getting home, but all up, it was great to get out again, and awesome to blood the new reel on a quality fish (not the bream :P )

Cheers, and thanks for reading,

Ryan.

Sounds like a fun little session Ryan.

All you need to learn now is to buy quality gear like Shimano :P:P:P

Ha ha ha, I've given Shimano a decent run Lance, and don't mind their gear at all. It was just time for a change, and so far, I gotta tell you, I am very happy with Daiwa, both in the salt and fresh.

Nice session.

It warms the cockles of my heart to read about all this mid-week fishing... :angry:

Someone's gotta do it Ben! :lol:

Great snap on 2lb Ryan that exist would have been screaming :woohoo:

If you are still having troubles with the leccy contact: Tivoli Auto Electrics (sms me if you cant find the number)

Nice session.

It warms the cockles of my heart to read about all this mid-week fishing... :angry:

If you are still having troubles with the leccy contact: Tivoli Auto Electrics (sms me if you cant find the number)

Cheers Khoi. I actually thought of giving you a call with this issue, because it isn't the battery, it has nearly a full charge. I took the pedal apart and gave it a good wipe over and checked all the wires. On re-assembly and testing, it's now going great guns.

Mark, yep, I agree, cheap gear gets the fish too, however I thought I would spoil myself a little bit after a fair high tempo period at work. Otherwise I'd just drink more :P

Oh i thought a daiwa exist is a cheapie atleast they were cheap rubbish when i used to buy them what are they worth now?

Nice session.

Cheers Khoi. I actually thought of giving you a call with this issue, because it isn't the battery, it has nearly a full charge. I took the pedal apart and gave it a good wipe over and checked all the wires. On re-assembly and testing, it's now going great guns.

Mark, yep, I agree, cheap gear gets the fish too, however I thought I would spoil myself a little bit after a fair high tempo period at work. Otherwise I'd just drink more :P

Oh i thought a daiwa exist is a cheapie atleast they were cheap shit when i used to buy them what are they worth now?

Nice session.

Mark, I picked this one up on special for $599.00, they usually retail up around the grand mark I think? What tug do you normally skipper mate, I keep looking out for you every time I see a tug, no luck so far I think.

Nice one ryan. Cracking fish on 2lb.

Have you checked the battery water levels have been filled? That was the problem with mine and by the time I realised, my battery was stuffed. Bought a sealed battery to replace to fix that problem :D

Cheers Henry, I will have a look at the battery water levels now, I'm pretty sure they are okay, it might have just needed a bit of TLC with the pedal.

Ryan.

Never mind Lance cheap gear is good enough i dont know that reel but i got plenty of cheapies like that at home it all works the same and well done on a nice snap Ryan

Yea Mark and imagine his catch if he added some fresh smelly bait into the mix :P:P:P

You catch too much pest bream and little moses pearch on bait in the river lol.

Need plastics to catch good number of snapper :evil:

Nice work mate, im aching to go for a fish in the river. I havnt being in weeks. All this good weather lately has got me going offshore a fair bit

Hopefully fish it few nights before next moon and the full.

Hows the water calarity in the river? I hope we get good rain soon. Push bait out to the mouth again :)

Never mind Lance cheap gear is good enough i dont know that reel but i got plenty of cheapies like that at home it all works the same and well done on a nice snap Ryan

Yea Mark and imagine his catch if he added some fresh smelly bait into the mix :P:P:P

You catch too much pest bream and little moses pearch on bait in the river lol.

Need plastics to catch good number of snapper :evil:

Nice work mate, im aching to go for a fish in the river. I havnt being in weeks. All this good weather lately has got me going offshore a fair bit

Hopefully fish it few nights before next moon and the full.

Hows the water calarity in the river? I hope we get good rain soon. Push bait out to the mouth again :)

Mate, the river is looking good. There is a fair bit of weed out the front of the mouth at certain times of the tide, but still fishable with plastics. There is also a lot of bait out there at the moment.

Ryan i'm on the tug Daintree and i'm the decky not skipper

Wow 599 ok i'm used to paying $30 for that size reel and some pay $1000 hahahahahahahahaha

Cool, I will look out for the tug "Daintree then. I have had a fair few cheapo reels, and they do the job very well. The only drawback to them is that they don't last very long before clapping out, especially when you use them flat-out. I tend to take better care of my nicer reels, and get them regularly serviced, all of which extends their life, which is where I make the money back.

Archived