Try and whipe the smile off my face

The Mad Hughesy

hey all,

woke up early and was on the water by 5:15am bound for the rockwall for some squire action. it was the first time i had fished there so i was a bit unsure of where to go. we anchored up just as the sun rose with some not to bad success. no legal snaps were landed but we did hook into some tough little fighters. the biggest fish just on 34cm...so close to my first legal!!! :pinch: we also both hooked onto some unstopables...poor old bree still half asleep suddenly had her line screaming and within 20seconds was already onto the backing!!! long story short the fish one after snapping the 10lbs leader as it hid in the rock wall.

post-3924-144598845354_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598845363_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598845372_thumb.jpg

the bite went cold so we set off for the river to deploy some shark baits. 11pm comes around with no runs, and with some hungry noises coming for our bellies we set off for home...just as i started the engine i noticed a bustup about 200m away. i quickly motored over telling myself ""watch where the school is going, go up form them and kill the engine"" trying not to get to excited. by the time we got there the tuna had dissappeared. then i spotted them again about 100m away, so i motored to within 40m of them, put the engine in neutral and drifted to about 20m away. i fling my halco twisty right in the centre of the bust up and let it sink for 4 seconds. furiously winding back in i had 2 touches with no hookup then all of a sudden...BAM!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for the next 5 minutes. holy f!#@ im onto my first tuna!!! the next 5 minutes i just sat there as this beast striped line of my reel. i gave bree a quick how to in boat driving so we could give chase. 20mins later i had it under the boat still not having seen it. there were a few moments where i though i lost it as it swam stright towards the boat. then as i heaved the fish up i finally saw colour, and the size of it. bree was in there quick smart with the net and we had it in the boat :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

post-3924-14459884538_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598845386_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144598845391_thumb.jpg

hence the name of the report, i could not be happier. my first ever tuna. and not a bad sized model going 77cm. took few happy snaps of both of us holding the fish. if it wasnt for bree i would not have landed it. she chased the fish for a good 150m and netted it for me. this was a team effort so as far as im concerned, we both get credit for catching it.

thanks for reading

Chris

Archived