afo at an end??? solutions

BassTracker

Ive called this place home for about 5 years, id hate to see it go down the tubes.

This is my two bobs worth,

The old saying "You can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time", Thats the way it is. If money is the issue lets look at ways to make the most of the events we have in place. I think percieved value is a big thing, for me when I saw the mbc was $10 it cheapened it a bit, I would prefer it to be $60 or $90 with a few prizes kicked in from the sponsers and a bigger social event. I know not everyone feels that way but the more of an event that it is the more I want to be a part of it. We have a number of established events that we could build off.

For example if an event like MBC is 10 bucks to enter and there are no prizes and it runs on a shoe string and AFO takes home all of that 10 bucks, even with 100 entrants its only a grand, would it be better to charge say $60, from each entrant AFO takes home $30 and kicks the other $30 into prizes, advertising, profile building and making the event something special.

I know that most of the guys who turn up at the events and socials love the site and would be happy to pay an annual donation to keep it up and running, I know I would, $20 a year would be cheap and I wouldnt hesitate to pay it. Even 400 people paying $20 is $8000.

I know that charging a membership could change the dynamis of the site a bit and it is a risk, but there are ways it could work. If first years membership was free then you would still let most people get onboard, get to know the site, see the value in it and be happy to pay the membership, or you could have a yearly pledge where members who value the site can kick in bucks to meet a target.

Also guys my wife is an events manager by trade and is happy to do some free consoltency work for AFO for events and I am more than happy to stick my hand up to volenteer anywhere I could be useful.

Yep. I'll always pay a premium price for a premium product. Some bigger prizes would be an incentive to get out and pretend to be a tourney player for a weekend or two a year. :lol:

Still gonna enter the MBC even if I can't fish it.

I'm willing to put in. It's a great site and I've met some quality people through it.

Cheers. ;)

I saw another thread by Ellicat and couldn't believe it, had some dinner and looked for the thread now it's gone. :huh: Bfo is an awesome community that I'm proud to be a part of and I see a few bucks a week as extremely good value for an awesome resource on fishing tips and a great way to make new friends and have some great times! We have a raffle on the site for a start which should almost be enough to cover costs if members actually care enough to flick a few bucks every now and then.

I'd be sad to see it go and will put my hand up to help out however much I can.

Yeah I saw it too and noticed it was gone, I think if theres a chance the site could go down the gurgeler, or that too few people are shouldering to much of the work and we can give constructive ideas on how to change that, then its a chat worth having, maybe something people have to say will stand out and help change that.

Guys locking this. It is great people care but this has not been put out there officially. I am not locking this to censor people just to prevent the speculation that comes with a thread like this. Speculation often becomes rumor and then fact in some peoples minds.

We appreciate all the support and we are not planning on closing up shop.

This year has been busy for both owners. It is a shame some people see that as a lack of interest in the site but this could not be further from the truth. People who whinge a lot generally can't perceive the countless hours that go on behind the scenes making sure there is a site to begin with. This year has just been a year where the bill paying jobs have come first. I wish I could say AFO was my job but hahahaha, that is just not the case.

Our hearts and minds are still very committed to keeping this community alive and growing it to boot. So chill out everyone and lets get back to fishing.

Basstracker: There are prizes for the MBC mate and nice ones at that...

Archived