Haines 485SF build

ozskippy

I guess can we look at what we are comparing this little Aussie boat with so far there all been 6 mtrs plus and this little boat suits my needs. Is it a lot of money, go and price a tinnie with the bits that this boat has, you will be shocked.I would love some of the boats out there today but I have a 4.85mtr with a 90hp on the back which I think is a nice boat & suits me. I have owned boats from 250hp outboard raceboats (and raced them to 6 hp 3.7mtr tinnie) and numerous things in between which I will not name as the manufactures may like some good and some absolutely terrible. But at this point I love my little signature.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys this is not a you no what measuring competition this started from a lad who has ordered a new boat and like to know what others think. We all have our toys and I have just sold a Bluefin Tomcat which I have loved for the last 4 years but it's time to move on to the next stage in my life. For you guys who have the boat that suits you and you enjoy great over the last few days I have seen a couple of really nice boats and I am envious of you guys. But I have this little Aussie Boat and am very impressed so far.

Had the 485 out this afternoon to play and I would have to agree with all the hipe. I have a 90 Etec on the back and only got a 18"viper on it the moment but spins it up to 5600rpm the dealer would like the revs to come back so I guess a 20 is on order. Haven't got the GPS on her yet but it is Eye watering fast. We had a good 20knot South Easterly blowing good bit of chop and not one drop of water over the side. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will have a go at down loading a couple of photos.

The Trailer seems fine as well.

I have purchased some Aussie Flags (in the form of Decals)for the side of it as I believe I will be very proud of this package, remembering the hull is Australian made not a over priced Import. I sure there are a few people surprised how little money I have spent to setup this boat.

There seems to be a lot of defense going about a descision to buy Aussie made

Maybe without the comment over priced imports there would not have to of been any comparison between similar priced but larger American boats

Gooduck with your purchase

Not from me... Who am I to judge anyone's boat or decisions... Mate honestly i would have any of the boats shown on here,This boats simply ticked the most boxes I wanted and thats why i ordered it .....and was the right size for me and my storage space, and for me to push around by myself..

Archived