Eel on a spinner WTF

NightShadow

Went down the local again for an hour around 10am for about 40 min or so, was throwing a spinner around to start with and had an almighty whack, I was thinking hell this has some weight for a bass, haha well up comes a dirty rotten eel.. Never heard of such a thing, an eel on a spinner, first for me.. killed the spinner. Missus was fishing with a spinner and hooked one, I hooked one next on a 50mm hardbody. Small session but got rid of the shakes :cheer:

nmkmis.jpg

rthyfl.jpg

1036820.jpg

a1prvr.jpg

Nothing that unusual about catching an eel on a lure. They're a major predator!

I've caught when flicking ABU tobby lures near dam walls.

Well there ya go thanks for the heads up, havn't heard of it before definantly a first for me. Caught plenty on baits.

smoked eel are the best eating fresh water fish just not many people know how to prepare them

Your the 3rd person that have told me that now, might have to give it a go next time.. apart from hooking them on a fence and using pliers to skin them do you have any more tips on preparing tthem mate?

Looks like it demolished that spinner!

3 or 4 of them strapped together would look good for bait I think! ;)

Yeah it smashed it thats for sure, an you might be onto something there for a bait ;)

keep them alive and put them in a heshen sack with soap powder put the hose in for a short time wait 5 min then take them out and hose them down all the slime will wash off. a quick smack on the head let them dry a little . cut down from the back both sides but not right through pull the back bone and guts out . salt with plenty of sea salt and leave in fridge over night pour honey over them before smoking them . a tip for the smoker is not to hot and when done leave them in the smoker for half hour . crack a beer and enjoy .

happy to help out if you need and dont live to far from cleveland

Archived