marlin bay style 23/12/12

rosco1974

well the morning was a day of highs and lows,my deckie shane and myself left manly at 4 to check our crab pots,we did shanes 4 at green just as there was enough light to see the floats... well bugger me the share

post-3985-144598894175_thumb.jpg

farmers had hammered his pots .day b4 he got 22 out of his 4 pots today he got just 3 on the first check then another 4 this arvo...headed over to my spot 11 where i had set 4 yesterday...ended up with 15 sandies and a cracker muddie 7.5 inches across the shell.on the way in i said to shano the weather is too good to go home so i suggested a troll session over near the 4 beacons /tangalooma area...so i droped him of so he could get some rods and a few pies and cokes and off we went .. with not alot happining there we trolled closer to the beach on moreton but a bit deeper than normal around the 15mtr mark and one of the rods went off plenty of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz happining..we looked at each other and shane ran down the back thinking big spottie but next thing a bloody marlin was tail walking accross the water out the back of the boat...well far out marlin in the bay,took 30-40 minutes to get it in and when we did it was to far gone to release it so we threw it in the esky

.i have to mention the gear this thing was caught on,my mate shane works at east coast marina as a yard hand/ forklift driver he got the rod out of the bin there with a broken tip,he bought an el cheapo tip and super glued it on,reel was a shimano 6500 baitrunner with 50lb schnider mono on it,we where using 3 inch barra spoons and no 6 trolling boards...

on the way home we pulled our pots i got another 17 keeper sandies and shane got 4...

oh forgot to mention we also got 2 school macks

all i can say is what an unreal day in the baywill be a longtime if anytime i can outdo this day .

cheers rosco

Great catch.. The sandies are on fire this summer.. Got plenty myself over last few weeks. But i ran out of bait for the crabs.. It would be interesting to land a marlin myself but have not got the luck yet.

I thought shane is heading out on his new boat ? What up with the deckie?

Great catch.. The sandies are on fire this summer.. Got plenty myself over last few weeks. But i ran out of bait for the crabs.. It would be interesting to land a marlin myself but have not got the luck yet.

I thought shane is heading out on his new boat ? What up with the deckie?

Thats a different shane lol

I was off the goldy yesterdat

i recon your on the money there duncan,especially when the forcast is a bit iffy to head offshore

First up, well done guys and congrats on the bay black - fantastic - what a blast !

friday / saturday loking good, I'm planning on friday atout to hutchies at this point, cant wait to get out and givem another crack. Last trip out 2 hook ups, 1 to the boat (well 2m from the boat before my self made wind on leader seperated. damit) and 1 spat the hook after the 2nd jump, 3 wahoo and a couple of stripeys.

Archived