last few days upper brissie river

mick fillet

Upper brissie river report, from the last few days,the new boat ramp at kooka park is ok it opened intime for the chrissy holidays its been really handy just being able to duck down for a few hours and smack up the local action but it is now it will be closed again for some time as the new ramp is already being ripped up and going to be replaced and done right by private contrator ;)

post-5342-144598912941_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598912949_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598912959_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598912968_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598912978_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598912987_thumb.jpg

post-5342-144598912997_thumb.jpg

just when we were going to go out now its closed again. bugger. is the ramp at riverside open yet ? :huh: al

the river side ramp was built by the developer to encourage land sales in the area back in the day.

Ipswich council dont see it as there responability to replace it as they never built it.

Happening right now is a money collection from the residents in the area and for every dollar raised /donated the local council will match dollar for dollar,so if we can get 10k council will chip in 10k which is kinda cool really.

Nice one mic , what have you done to ur arm mate ? Still that same problem ?

had an accident,almost lost the hand 105mm laceration behind the wrist,cut the tendons the lot,the hand died went through a few messy weeks where the hand lost all the skin etc.But we are all good now even though i have lost all feeling to the hand.

iam so clumsy with it tieing knots is painfully frustrating.limited movment to fingers but improving greatly!! :)

i know pleasure and pain go well together but iam staying away from the offshore scene ATM. As peasurable as the offshore trips are with you fishingnut i just dont think the hand is up to the pounding. :P

jus jokes mate

Nice one mic ' date=' what have you done to ur arm mate ? Still that same problem ?[/quote']

had an accident,almost lost the hand 105mm laceration behind the wrist,cut the tendons the lot,the hand died went through a few messy weeks where the hand lost all the skin etc.But we are all good now even though i have lost all feeling to the hand.

iam so clumsy with it tieing knots is painfully frustrating.limited movment to fingers but improving greatly!! :)

i know pleasure and pain go well together but iam staying away from the offshore scene ATM. As peasurable as the offshore trips are with you fishingnut i just dont think the hand is up to the pounding. :P

jus jokes mate

No worries mick il deckie for you again once kooka opens up mate .

when did they close it mick?

been having a ball out there lately and getting a few good crabs too

the ramp closes on the 29th which is tuesday. there are signs up as you drive in. Its as good as closed now with river swollen the hight that it is from the relese from bigW you would be mad to be on the river in the conditions .coleges crossing is closed too ATM.

yeah good crabs huh?heaps of jennies aye ;)

when did they close it mick?

been having a ball out there lately and getting a few good crabs too

the ramp closes on the 29th which is tuesday. there are signs up as you drive in. Its as good as closed now with river swollen the hight that it is from the relese from bigW you would be mad to be on the river in the conditions .coleges crossing is closed too ATM.

yeah good crabs huh?heaps of jennies aye ;)

yeah 10 jennys or unders for every keeper , but they have been good full crabs

Archived