Lake Monduran

Miller 197

Hey,

Just a quick one. Was planning on making the trip up from brisbane to lake munduran to try land my first barra! I was telling a guy at work and he reckons you cant keep your catch and all barra must be released? Is this the case or has he been misinformed somewhere along the line... Either way ill still be stoaked on just catching one :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks!

you can keep your catch within the bag and size limits. i personally kept one of my first but it did not taste that good. If i was to keep another it would be a smaller fish. The old ones get very fatty and muddy tasting.

Sounds like us men as we get a little older... a bit fatter and a little dirtier.... :P

Barra season opens tomorrow at 1pm in QLD

Even out of season,you can still fish for barra in most freshwater dams with a bag limit of 1 fish.

Size and possession limits

Barramundi

East Coast: size limit 58-120cm, possession limit 5

Gulf of Carpentaria: size limit 58-120cm, possession limit 5

Freshwater: size limit 58-120cm*, possession limit 5#

*one greater than 120cm from some dams. Check the website for details

#one during closed season for some dams. Check the website for details

Awesome!! Old mate of mine was on the right track :P

I went on the website and some of the access roads have been washed away to the campsite.. but as soon as the flood water settles and the roads are fixed im there !! :cheer: :silly:

Thanks for the responses!

i would think your best chance of catching one at the moment would be point fishing the wind blown points in the afternoon and into the night. Good Luck

Archived