Summer Classic Is Over!

Angus

Wow what a weekend!

That was easily my favorite comp to date. Venue was awesome, people awesome, weather was surprisingly awesome!

Thanks again to everyone that made it up.

The previous weeks weather and subsequent fresh in the river made things tough but perseverance saw some great fish landed, and not really any shortage of them for some anglers.

For a technically tough comp I could not believe the enthusiasm and levity around the HQ at all times. It really had me smiling and despite feeling a bit sleep deprived I still am.

Man what a great effort from the Davo's team as well. Peter, the owner of Davo's Noosa personally handed out over 200 cans of drink to anglers on the water over the course of the weekend, not to mention 2k worth of lures and 6 pairs of spotters sunglasses. Then to top things off he announced that all hard bodied and soft plastic lures would be 20% off for those attending the presentation. This would have been of benefit to another much appreciated sponsor Searing Tackle as I saw numerous packs of the new "Damiki Shrimp" end up in shopping baskets.

I will be writing a full report and recap when I get a chance, some more pictures from people, and some sleep but just wanted to quickly tune in and have a word.

Well done to Jayden Tomlinson for taking out 1st place as well. This kid is amazing. For those that remember he won the bass category last year. Well this year, fishing solo he pretty much never got off the water. In fact his mother commented that he had not been home for the duration hahaha. Other place getters will be announced in the official article.

Davo's is having another massive comp in May and I will be there for sure. It will be a novelty to be on the other side of the desk! Talks are already underway for the 2014 Summer Classic with sponsors, store and me being extremely excited by prospects of another great event.

Cheers.

Angus

Had another great weekend, even though the water conditions didn't have the fish playing the game. Was good to catch up with a few of the guys and meet a few I haven't met before.I would have liked to hang around Davo's a little bit longer but had to stay in front of the rain to get the boat washed and under a tarp before the next couple of days of solid rain.

Another good turn out with heaps of local interest, hopefully next year will be third time lucky for me and actually get onto some decent fish. One thing about the comp I thought was a great idea was the scoring system with total combined length, didn't help me but thought it was a great point of distance.

Andrew

Ps. A little bit smaller than I am use to, but my only entry :P

post-7753-144598923887_thumb.jpg

Archived