Early Morning Bass Hunt

Terry H

Well, dragged myself out of bed way too late, (550am, looked like I'd missed a good 20-30 minutes of prime fishing time)

After a bit of a drive out of Kingaroy I found myself a nice little access point to Stuart River. Most of the river was a gravel/sandy bottom, no more than a foot deep and flowing reasonably well. The water was clear enough to see nothing was in the water, so a bit of a hike was required to find a waterhole. After about half a km from the initial access point (and in the opposite direction to where I first started to walk) I found myself a nice little waterhole, about 30metres long and 15m wide. It was the first patch of water I couldn't see the bottom. "Perfect" I thought. Wasn't before too long and after only a couple of casts I was onto a nice fish. Had me a little confused as to what it was as it running reasonably hard and fast but lacked the initial thud bass typically give.

After a good tussle I managed to land a solid bass going just past 51cm on the brag.

It was about then that my alarm went off telling me I had to start making my way back - not bad for 15 minutes of fishing time!

post-126-144598944516_thumb.jpg

It's a little hard taking photos of yourself with such fish... :\ I had a crack anyway. darn tail wouldn't flick foward!

post-126-144598944525_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I get a few more tomorrow, without missing a solid hour and a bit of fishing time!

It was about then that my alarm went off telling me I had to

lol... thought you were going to finish off saying that it was all a dream and you had to wake up.

solid football there, what did the damage?

Lol, no dream :)

One of my tried, tested and flogged-to-the-absolute-buggery 1/4oz TT Striker in Purple. It ended up looking like I threw it at a big angry cod, or repeatedly at a brick wall. The whole thing was bent out of shape... But that's half the fun about spinners, fixing the lure after you catch a fish :lol: :silly: :lol:

Archived