upper brissy frsh!

Ash

Hey all,

Im planing on hitting the fresh water part of the brissy this season for bass and cod. Does anyone know any specifics as to where i can launch the tinnie? And when i say specifics, i mean street name or 2007 referdex page number:laugh: Ive never fished from there so any good info would help a lot!

cheers

page 353 brisbane and surrounding districts map on the 2002 ubd. turn off just past at public toilet on fernvale esk road ( used to be a good free camping spot till council fenced it all off)and also spots on the fernvale lowood road They still freecamp there). I think you would be better off in a yak or canoe as they are more manouverable.

Maybe Shultzy will see the post and give more info as it is around his stamping ground.

This is a spot on the \"Wivenhoe Pocket \" road. Just past Fernvale. Last week-end when I was there a bloke launched a 12ft tinny with no probs,he then went upstream.To go downstream from there is shallow under the road .(Low Bridge) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0688-604c34536ad349ce70a86acda88b5793.JPG

post-742-144598426953_thumb.jpg

Hey, last year we went canoeing on a school camp at the spot that Lozzel put up. It would be perfect for a yak and a small tinnie would have no problems going up stream (at least in the part that we went to). After the bridge, there are small rapids, shallow beds (way too shallow for a tinnie, less than 20cm) and then big deep holes in some places. A lot of Peacocks as well.

Going up stream would be perfect in a Tinnie. I couldn't see or touch the bottom until we were really really close to the shore. It would be a great spot for fishing, lots of structure, deep flowing water and lots of lillies.

Archived