Seaway International Raceway

max pwr

Went to the Seaway after work yesterday to see if I could land my first seaway jewie on a plastic, anchored up on the edge of the canyon in preference to the pipeline as my decky gets seasick and cracked a beer to sip while we waited for the tide to slow a bit.

There were a fair few boats nearer to the pipeline and I guessed they were chasing tailor with little slugs.......then a bloke decided to anchor up directly behind me but his anchor wouldnt hold in th 17 or so metres of fast current so instead of changing tactics he spent half an hour dropping his bloody anchor right on top of where I was fishing. Meanwhile I'm watching bust ups about 15 metres to his right the whole time but he was too busy telling his decky off and ruining my fishing to notice :angry: Moron.

About this time the other boats spot the bust ups and they spent an hour racing around chasing them and scaring off all the fish every single time.......no catches that I saw.

Then the bait starts moving in our direction as the tide slows and instead of giving us a tiny bit of room these idiots race all around us stuffing any chance we had of catching any fish and one deehead runs right over my mate's line taking half his spool of braid as he passed us within 6 metres doing top speed. Another guy in a 6 metre passed us at 20knots no more that three metres off our stern as well dumping a heap of water over my transom even though there wasn't another boat anywhere near us he decides we're in his direct line.

Dead set makes my blood boil :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tosser caught nothing anyway. Moron.

We finally had one bust up next to us and I managed one cast before they scared the fish away again and got hit by a nice trev.

post-5844-144598969351_thumb.jpg

Note the Zman plastic inside the fish's mouth with the barb fully penetrating :whistle:

Moved back towards the ramp for a bit to try for some tailor but only managed bream with the best going 36fl.

All in all it was good to get out for a fish with a mate though it'd be nice if the seaway scare crew could have a little more consideration for their fellow anglers.

LOL... you forgot to include the logo!

Nice fish, I've had a few sharked there.

The seaway can get a bit nuts, it's a wonder there aren't more accidents considering the number of surfers and divers that cross to South Straddie.

Archived