Brand of Sunglasses for fishing

teckee7

I am wanting to get a new pair of polarised sunglasses for fishing. I have a pair of Raybans polarised but I find them a bit 'reflective' for fishing.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys on what to recommend. No real budget to work with and prefer a pair that I can buy straight away and not have to wait via online sales.

Spotters are very popular, and with good reason - they're quite good.

Tonic Eyewear is my glass of choice, fantastic lense - very good (I have heard of some frame failures - though I've had my pair for 18 months are still going strong)

Maui Jim and Costa Del Mar are awesome but can be pricey.

There are of course more choices.But I can't think of any right now.

I've been very happy with my Spotters. One thing I personally like is glass lenses. If you pay a 200-300 dollars you tend to look after them and the glass lenses are a lot more scratch resistant. Mine are 3 years old and still as good as new. The down side of glass lenses is they are heavier. No problem when you have a snoz as big as mine to rest them on. :pinch:

The penetrator lenses with the photo chromatic layer that lightens or darkens depending on the amount of sunlight on them is good for low light conditions.

If you have a look on the Spotters web site it will give you guide to which color lenses would best suit your main fishing style. This can be applied to any other brand I'd recon.

In the fresh I go the brown or amber in salt a black or grey.

I wear Electric brand sunnies, polarized are super comfortable and nice dark polarized lens for on the beach/ on the water all day. In surf shops everywhere, no idea what the model is but they have Hoy written on the inside of them

If budget is not an issue I can't fault my polarized oakleys in the salty stuff.

/>http://au.oakley.com/products/5240/22507

the lenses are brilliant at cutting down on glare/reflection. Not cheap, but any of the models with these lenses in them will do the same job, they seem to start around $220 or so.

I like the Costa Del Mar and the Sarengeti sunglasses, i have both.

The Costa's have lots of different lense types but i love the Glass lenses i have in the 580G in Copper colour.

I think they have the best lenses on the market for fishing, but that's just my opinion.

Google them and their reviews

It's all about how much money you want to spend and you also get what you pay for.

good luck

Archived