Daiwa Luvias?? any good?

Bones11

I just bought the 2004 Luvias and im very happy with it.

Now when you say you are looking at a 1000 reel are you referring to a 1000 shimano size?

Just clarifying in case you make a mistake, the Luvias 1003 is alot smaller than a 1000 shimano reel. The 1003 diawa will only fit 100meters of .3 PE line. So basically 2-3lb in most cases.

I just bought the 2004 Luvias and im very happy with it.

Now when you say you are looking at a 1000 reel are you referring to a 1000 shimano size?

Just clarifying in case you make a mistake, the Luvias 1003 is alot smaller than a 1000 shimano reel. The 1003 diawa will only fit 100meters of .3 PE line. So basically 2-3lb in most cases.

yes i am talking about the 1003. all the reels are the same they all carry around 100m pe

You should choose a rod to suit your application then a reel to suit once the rod is decided on. If I were buying another light setup I would steer clear of a 1003 unless you are chasing trout in small streams on a reasonably short rod. The difference in weight between a 1003 and the 2004 is only 20g I think, in terms of practicality a 2004 is streets ahead IMO.

You should choose a rod to suit your application then a reel to suit once the rod is decided on. If I were buying another light setup I would steer clear of a 1003 unless you are chasing trout in small streams on a reasonably short rod. The difference in weight between a 1003 and the 2004 is only 20g I think, in terms of practicality a 2004 is streets ahead IMO.

+1

Or an ultra light finesse combo for bream.

shit i just ordered it without looking at my posts totally forgot i ordered the 1003 fu(k me oh well it will have to be should have checked here first. :blush: :dry: :unsure:

shit i just ordered it without looking at my posts totally forgot i ordered the 1003 fu(k me oh well it will have to be should have checked here first. :blush: :dry: :unsure:

Dont stress, its no huge deal mate. Just find a rod that balances that reel as much as possible, I would look at something in the 6'6" range or close to that mark that fits the bill as far as action and power goes (it will have to be light). Get on the water and enjoy the reel, the new Luvias is ridiculously good IMO, I have a fair few high end reels and to be honest I wont be buying anything higher than a Luvias in the near future for inshore species.

Dont stress, its no huge deal mate. Just find a rod that balances that reel as much as possible, I would look at something in the 6'6" range or close to that mark that fits the bill as far as action and power goes (it will have to be light). Get on the water and enjoy the reel, the new Luvias is ridiculously good IMO, I have a fair few high end reels and to be honest I wont be buying anything higher than a Luvias in the near future for inshore species.

Hey mate its all good i emailed them and they can change it for me i just had to pay the difference in price which was nothing and i am getting the 2004 so happy thanks for ur advice.

I bought new luvias 2506HG couple months ago, and I am really happy with it. But i just bought rcs spool and handle for it, haven't got a fish on that new tool yet, but the luvias was really good. Drag and handling are really smooth, and love the sound of the drag as well.

How much are you going to pay for the reel though?

I bought new luvias 2506HG couple months ago, and I am really happy with it. But i just bought rcs spool and handle for it, haven't got a fish on that new tool yet, but the luvias was really good. Drag and handling are really smooth, and love the sound of the drag as well.

How much are you going to pay for the reel though?

The rcs parts looks wicked! so expensive though, I paid $260 for a new 2004 luvias

Archived