Just a few fish from offshore today

Bi_polar

Ok guys, I'm hopeless at writing reports but here we go.

I had a trip out today with the boys from Victoria Point Bait and Tackle offshore in the Robalo.

The morning started a little late and found us leaving Victoria Point ramp at 5am or a little later. :whistle: :whistle:

Our trip across the bay and up the Rainbow was with a reasonably stiff breeze but upon arrival at the SPB we were met with a near flat bar.

Our hunt for livies was a little hard and and we took some time to get a tank full.

Straight out to the "Patch" and as the boys were rigging up i saw a nice show on the sounder and decided to drop a Lucanis jig i already had rigged up, well it was no more than a couple of minutes and it got slammed while it was dead sticking as i was rigging up my livey rig.

After a bit of a tussle up comes a nice snapper measuring in at 73cm.

We did another drift and noticed the wind really picking up and at a guess it was 20 to 25 knots, we tried to put the pick out as i didn't have a wind drogue but couldn't even hold bottom so we decided to head in to the 7's to get out of the wind.

Fished the 7's for a bit and the wind really dropped of quickly so the call was made to head out to the patch. We fished a few marks only for some small legal snapper, a mozes perch and a Mouri cod and by this time it was getting on into the afternoon....time for one more spot to try at the 29's on the way home. Pulled up there and did a few drifts for a nice Pearly and some solid AJ bust offs, one was due to a swivel failure.

Finally late afternoon we decide to make a move and head home... chased a few Bonnies at the bar and home just as the sun is setting.

What a way to spend a Saturday.

post-1650-144598983319_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598983333_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598983339_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598983345_thumb.jpg

Archived