WARNING! a timely reminder

sweresy

Morning all anglers!

Just a very quick post to share the grief and again remind anybody targeting our red friends in the coming months of what can happen... DONT GET FOOLED by their beautiful, cute coloration at smaller sizes.... these creatures can bring a grown man to his knees in the blink of an eye...

1. baby's grow

2. 2 x owners have been stretched, bent and mauled (try doing this with pliers and i still shake my head in disbelief at how a fish can achieve the same outcome in seconds)

3. $35 lures are punctured rendering them useless as surface offerings :(:blink:

4. that is all... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

post-4796-144598997646_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598997668_thumb.jpg

post-4796-144598997659_thumb.jpg

They are a character building species thats for sure, many a trip has been had without a bite, only to have a hot bite and get owned every time...

Speaking of hooks, I still have a TT XH jig head that was bent at 90 degrees half way down the hook from the biggest jack I have landed, I dont even think I could do that in a vice, angry things they are!

Aweasome pics and im starting to get bigger urges to target the red dogs and get off my ass.

Haven't caught many at all but the ones ive caught haven't lived up to their hard fighting name.

Im keen to start chasing them rather than fishing the bay though.

cheers for sharing

p.s are the anthrax a decent lure they have never appealed to me haha

Archived