AFO Christmas Party Poll

ellicat

AFO Christmas Party Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. AFO Christmas Party Poll

• Yes
    • No

If you are free on the date (yet to be set), will you attend this year's AFO Christmas Party ?

The usual is lunch, :cheer: then arvo drinks, :silly: then the revelers kick on at the same venue or someone's place. :woohoo: :blink: :sick: :silly: :side:

Full reports of the latter nights activities rarely are made on-line :whistle:

I still haven't met Ellicat or too rad yet so I'm keen, plus Jarryds good for a couple of rumbos.

If Santa doesn't show we can sit on Ray's knee.

I've been practicing drinking all year and I reckon I'm ready for this :P

I was stuck on a boat with the both of them for 5 days. Ellicat is alright, but Damien tried to get us beached on the first day by getting drunkenly belligerent with the skipper at the very early hour of 8am. This was a major trial for the skipper as the deckhand had taken an entirely unacceptable 15 seconds to hand the skipper his morning coffee because said deckhand had been entertaining two nuisance passengers who forgot that fishing does not start early in the morning.

Everything would have probably been okay if Damien had just limited himself to suggesting that breakfast beer would be acceptable while on holiday. But, no, he followed through by opening a beer! Even as I pleaded with him to be sensible, he twirled his ginger beard and the hypnotic whispers overcame my good sense; thus I succumbed to the rationalization that as I had been awake for 4 hours a single beer would be not only socially acceptable, but also an expected part of having been awake, on a boat, in a tropical sea, while not being in control of the vessel for FOUR hours. Boy was Damien wrong on that one!

The rest of the story can be heard elsewhere, but I'll leave you with this advice: Beware the gingerbeard man!

I'm with Ray...Reddy Bay Hotel has a great area for us all to meet, it has some great bay views since the council cut the overgrown trees down and excellent food.

I think the Christmas party should maybe move around a bit every year to let everyone on the forum to attend from different areas.

I still haven't met Ellicat or too rad yet so I'm keen, plus Jarryds good for a couple of rumbos.

If Santa doesn't show we can sit on Ray's knee.

I've been practicing drinking all year and I reckon I'm ready for this :P

I was stuck on a boat with the both of them for 5 days. Ellicat is alright, but Damien tried to get us beached on the first day by getting drunkenly belligerent with the skipper at the very early hour of 8am. This was a major trial for the skipper as the deckhand had taken an entirely unacceptable 15 seconds to hand the skipper his morning coffee because said deckhand had been entertaining two nuisance passengers who forgot that fishing does not start early in the morning.

Everything would have probably been okay if Damien had just limited himself to suggesting that breakfast beer would be acceptable while on holiday. But, no, he followed through by opening a beer! Even as I pleaded with him to be sensible, he twirled his ginger beard and the hypnotic whispers overcame my good sense; thus I succumbed to the rationalization that as I had been awake for 4 hours a single beer would be not only socially acceptable, but also an expected part of having been awake, on a boat, in a tropical sea, while not being in control of the vessel for FOUR hours. Boy was Damien wrong on that one!

The rest of the story can be heard elsewhere, but I'll leave you with this advice: Beware the gingerbeard man!

Ah yes fond memories. I enjoyed spending time in the confined spaces of a boat and fishing with Damien. But his discourse on rangas he would like to procreate with still gives me nightmares every time I see a pic of Julia Gillard.

Archived