Whilst Bri was at work .........

kmcrosby78

Went to the cricket today - what a finish!!! We had a pom in our group and boy did he suddenly become quiet during the last 3-4 overs (and it's all gone quiet over there, yes it's all gone ........). Group next to us was giving Root a bloody hard time with chants of 'Sh!t Root' and 'Your mother's a dud Root'!!! Towards the end they actually moved him to a different position mid-over after he seemed slow to the ball and allowed a second run. Never seen that before!! He swapped spots with Stokes so immediately the chant 'Sh!t Stokes' went up!!

Anyway, I received a text on my phone at 8:18pm from Bri which soon after turned sour on him (unbeknown to him - he was at work ......).

8:18pm Bri - Are you worried yet?

8:42 pm Me - No. Series win is a sure thing .......

9:08pm Me - No not worried at all you sad bastards ...

9:09pm Bri - Have we won yet? ((at this stage I 'almost' felt sorry for him!!!!!!)

9:23pm Me- I am assuming you have not heard the bad news?

9:27pm Bri - Bugger

So another whitewash is still on the cards!!! I love summer!! Anyone else at the game while Bri was working?

I was getting fed info from a kiwi, he said we were going to win this, so i could not resist texting Kelvin. :blush:

Moral of the story then Bri: Never trust a Kiwi!!!!

Oh and he was right by the way. You 'were' going to win it - until they remembered that they had forgotten how to win ............. :P

Archived