Lake Advancetown 12/2/14

Binder

Well half way through my holidays, and the fishing be slow at North Pine, when Ray offered a deckies spot for Hinze, I jumped at it. What's a 2 hour drive each way to catch some fish eh?

Arrived at the dam just in time to beat the bloke to the ramp with his car topper, so we had a quick launch. (Why do people with car toppers think it is perfectly ok to park in the middle of the ramp and unload the boat, pack all their crap in it and fart arse around instead of just dumping it all out and getting the heck outta the way?)

Wind forecast was up a bit so Ray made the call the head upstream to a more sheltered area. We had a steady catch rate for the morning, with 28 bass boated.

Ray had a few issues with a bad spool of mono he had redone all his reels with, with a lot of bust offs. Kept the catch ratio to a reasonable level with us getting 14 each. ;)

Bandies plagues us through the day, being hard put to catch more than one or two bass at a spot before we had to move because we were losing to much bait. I had forgotten what a pest species they are.

Unfortunately we were not quick enough getting off, and we got caught behind another bloke with a car topper at the ramp, took him 10 minutes to get off the ramp! He wouldn't want to try that caper on at some of the salt water ramps I've been to....... the clientele there are not so forgiving.

post-11051-144599029852_thumb.jpg

post-11051-144599029864_thumb.jpg

At least we got to tell him that yes there were fish in the dam after he had spent all morning fishing for a donut! it was a slow day for us to - we only got 28..... :evil:

It also amused me some what when he ran over his boat whilst reversing down the ramp.......

I think my biggest was around 38cm, smallest 24cm.

post-11051-144599029871_thumb.jpg

Archived