Breamin' & Offshore

Damien2Rad

Hey getns,

Sorry for the late report, I wish I could say I've been busy... But that'd be a lie.

After being at work for 3 weeks straight, it was nearly 4 weeks since I had been fishing

Last Wednesday (05/02), an awesome bloke called sweresy took me for a bream bash in the Brissie River. And what a session it was (by my standards at least).

After checking out the Rock Wall in less than favourable conditions, with only a small Cod on the boat, the call was made to head up river and fish some spots.

We started off on the crank baits with a few fish making their way into the livewell.

post-7684-144599030046_thumb.jpg

Here we see AFO's best looking moderater holding a bream caught on Maria Deep Chubby

After the Sun got high in the sky we hit a deeper section of the river on the blades, with the Ecogear ZX35 being the standout for me.

post-7684-144599030056_thumb.jpg

Average fish on the vibes

We left them biting, counting over 20 bream landed, 15 in the live well and 5 fish over 35 cm.

post-7684-144599030064_thumb.jpg

Two of my better bream

Going by the photo's any one would think I caught most of the fish :whistle: Needless to say I had a good first and last fish with sweresy :silly:

On Saturday, my slumber was interrupted by a call from Chris (old_mate) saying we're going fishing in a mates boat. After a late start we got to the Manly boat ramp around 3pm

post-7684-144599030071_thumb.jpg

A good mate of ours' 680 patriot

We ducked out to the beacons for livies. Took a while to find which beacon they were on, but when we did we had a hard time getting them back up from the bottom as they kept getting smashed, We went through 4 sabiki jigs.

At one of the outer beacons I threw out a heavy slug on my Saltiga S Extreeme 76GAME / 4000 Saltiga with PE3 combo..... and got monstered halfway up from the bottom.

I never stood a chance, this thing dragged us around for 20 mins, inconveniently, the only tuna we saw busting up happened while in battle mode.

The heart says big cobia (I saw brown and white) the brain, and Chris , say I foul hooked a massive ray

post-7684-144599030079_thumb.jpg

First time I've had a real bend in this combo

I ended up snapping it off trying to pull it straight up from below the boat, after being convinced it was a ray.

We spent the night at Curtin, a long way off the Reef, but with baits out any way for nothing.

After a quick breakfast we headed for Hutchies and had a troll, where Chris was lucky enough to hook and land a nice little Spanno on a Halco Laser Pro 190 2m

post-7684-144599030088_thumb.jpg

Chris adds another to his long list of new species for 2014

With not much else happening we went back to Curtin to have lunch where I caught some weird cod and a scorpion fish on jigs (Both less than 20cm)

With the sun beating down, we retreated to Manly, back home for a swim, beer and to fillet the spanno.

Can't wait to get out and do it again, hopefully in some nicer weather,

Thanks for reading

A lot of big Eagle Rays and Turtles around at the moment so you never know!!??

Awesome stuff D2R but I have 2 sayings with fishing; 1. "It's the guides JOB to put the client onto the fish"

and

2."Never out fish the guide....."

Only joking, look forward to having another fish with you in 2020...

Archived