Prawning success

Luvit

I went fishing this morning before work and was so excited that I couldn't sleep.

Got up at 2.15am and thought no point staying in bed if you can't sleep. :whistle:

Threw in the crab pots and for the morning only managed 6 crabs no keepers. :(

I tried picking prawns up on the sounder with little success so did a couple of blind casts for zilch.

Moved around the area for a while and still no shows on the sounder. Thought I'd try deep and then shallow and picked up a couple of prawns. Some showers came through to dampen things.

I went and checked the pots in between and thought they may make a show a little latter in the morning and luckily for me they did.

Very happy with net I bought and no damage for the session which is a bonus.

I got these in an hour and half and was stoked.

post-11868-144599034148_thumb.jpg

post-11868-144599034158_thumb.jpg

I could have stayed longer and caught more but I had a feed for the family and had to get to work.

Hope it wasn't beginner luck.

cheers,

Wayne

Yes, other side of the bridge, last part of the run out tide, blind casting and then I hit a patch. I got them in a couple of different spots but when you see other fisho's out in the rain and that early in the morning with wind predicted, I figure they know where to go so I followed them as well :)

I popped down to Deep water bend on Sunday and watched 3 guys throwing a net from the 10m long pontoon. They would throw then walk the net down as it sunk and keep rotating taking it in turns.

Some casts they got nothing and other times 6 prawns in a cast. It doesn't take long to rack them up if your getting a few every cast.

Beware there maybe a snag in the area there because one guy had a fair bit of lead hanging from his net that been torn. Made it harder to cast.

Text me if you need any more info Jeremy 0412 808 823.

Might go give it a go this arvo. last time was only 15-20 prawns for 3 hours effort. Any hints as to where they were?

I would be keen to have a go as well.

I have thrown the net a few times in Breakfast Creek and there were plenty of prawns there but the quality was not so great. Have also tried landbased around the Pinkenba ramp and managed a feed including some small tigers. I have previouslyheard that the mud flats at the river mouth and just off Nudgee are meant to be good.

Based on what I've heard Nudgee is great spot when their on. Could be as many as 60 boats working the area, so won't be hard to find once they start.

Could be another 1-2 months before they hit that area depending on the weather. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Did alright down the pine this arvo, exactly as you say the low tide when it started to slow i was getting 6-10 a cast if i got a full spread, with one of those fancy nets i think i could achieve better numbers... might buy one soon.

Left around 2pm and just got home so about 2 or so hours casting i got around 6L. Size pretty good most 12cm or more some up to 18cm

Archived