Any idea how to fix this?

samsteele115

Hey guys,

Took out the plastic bung receiver as I wanted to fix a small leak and needed to find out why it was leaking.

Removed it to discover this. It is a bit bent and fairly chewed up, hence the leak.

post-11925-144599035705_thumb.jpg

Would my best option be to get some welding done to cover the bung hole and cut a new bung hole elsewhere?

If so, where would you recommend I get it done? I live north side.

Any suggestions will be appreciated as always.

Cheers,

Sam

Looks like its a bit beaten and bashed. I would take it a tig welder and get a plate fitted properly and have a new bung hole put on over it. After all if you do a bad job do you really want to be taking onboard water?

That's what I was thinking originally. I might try fitting a new bung setup in first and test it out. If it takes on a bit of water I will get a plate fitted. However if just cleaning it up a bit and putting a new bung in works, I will save myself a bit of money and time.

• 4 weeks later...
Back on the water. Just in time for the Easter break. Sweet.

Haha yep. Although at some stage this week I will be buying a new trailer. My current one has reached it's use-by date (40 years old) and is no longer safe. Basically everything needs to be replaced. Tried cleaning it up and re paint it but the rust was pretty thick..

Haha yep. Although at some stage this week I will be buying a new trailer. My current one has reached it's use-by date (40 years old) and is no longer safe. Basically everything needs to be replaced. Tried cleaning it up and re paint it but the rust was pretty thick..

So how are you transporting your boat around then being back on the water for the Easter break if your trailer is cactus?

So how are you transporting your boat around then being back on the water for the Easter break if your trailer is cactus?

/>https://www.aaafoundation.org/media-gallery/detail/2496/2366 :silly: :whistle:

Archived