NPD and Kurwongbah SEQ water review released

rayke1938

You bloody beauty.

At last

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
/>http://www.seqwater.com.au/recreation/recreation-review

Boating

In order to protect our drinking water supplies it is necessary to continue to

restrict the use of watercraft on Lake Samsonvale. The initial risk assessment

looking at the impact of increased on-water recreational activities at Lake

Samsonvale has indicated that further comprehensive analysis is required before

any fi nal determinations can be made.

In order to manage the watercraft on the lake, boating access continues to be

permitted only through the Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Association or the

Pine Rivers Fish Management Association at this stage.

Kurwongbah

Open access for paddle craft via Mick Hafling park once facalities provided.

Cheers

Ray

Found this in press release.

Extract from press release that I missed.

The opening up of Lake Kurwongbah to the community for kayaking and canoeing means water skiing will no longer be permitted on the lake.

Members of the Lake Kurwongbah Water Ski Zone club will be provided with free boat permits for three years to use Lake Somerset. The recreation guides for Lakes Samsonvale and Kurwongbah can be found at www.seqwater.com.au/recreview.

Would be nice for old ski club lease area opened for public use as that is where the best land based fishing is.

Cheers

Ray

Figures for lake K

post-230-144599043334_thumb.jpg

No funding avail for stocking in the foreseeable future as Cansackem has cut all funding for stocking to pay for his payrise.

There has been an application for the lake to become part of the sip scheme for a few years now and who knows how much longer that will take.

Cheers

Ray

The infamous Cod! Hopefully some of them will show up in Lake K. Especially after all those that showed up in NPD :whistle:

Not sure what all the disgruntled opinions about polly payrise is about. It was determined by an independent tribunal, for people that run our state. There are enough people out there in CEO positions in other not for profit organisations earning more. Considering these politicians are running our state, which has significant impact on everyone's day to day life, it all seems a bit low to me. :unsure:

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Edit: that's an interesting post for #5000 :whistle:

Terry, we have monkey's so we should only be paying peanuts.

Kurwonbgah was stocked to capacity through the hard work of PRFMA members and the generosity of the council, with Councilor Dwyer's support..

No shortage of fish. (For now)

I seems a lifetime ago we did that.

The infamous Cod! Hopefully some of them will show up in Lake K. Especially after all those that showed up in NPD :whistle:

Not sure what all the disgruntled opinions about polly payrise is about. It was determined by an independent tribunal, for people that run our state. There are enough people out there in CEO positions in other not for profit organisations earning more. Considering these politicians are running our state, which has significant impact on everyone's day to day life, it all seems a bit low to me. :unsure:

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Edit: that's an interesting post for #5000 :whistle:

Oldest trick in the corporate world is to appoint a so called "independent tribunal "

I was on the board of a NFP friendly society for almost 20 years. Some board members would agitate for a yearly increase in directors fees and to be paid even if they did not attend monthly meetings.

I and several other board members refused to accept directors fees on the principle that we were there for the good of our members.

The biggest eyeopener was when the CEO suggested that board members should complete a MAICD course.

What a bunch of greedy bastards not a compassionate bone in their bodies only interested in quick buck no interest in long term future.Whilst some of the course was about corporate governance ( which is only common sense ) they were more interested in feathering their own nests.

funny thing is that once the MAICD get their claws into you there is no escaping. Even after 15 years they are trying to sell me one day seminars for around 500 to 1000 bucks.

Cheers

Ray

PRFMA is going ok Sammrenny, one of the few remaining stocking groups still putting fish in Waterways. NPD gets SIP money, and there is funds in the bank. So NPD will do ok.

But I understand PRFMA wont stock Kurwongbah at the moment because it is to be partially drained. They are pretty good at raising money, so no doubt will find some funds in future to put a few fish in from time to time. Nothing like what went in the past though. Basically it will be a turkey shoot for a while as the masses get stuck in to the uneducated fish, then settle down to hard graft.

I saw on another site they are kicking the water skiers off, That could get interesting I reckon! It was that popular the waiting time to get access was over 10 years last I heard.

• 2 months later...

from seq water website today.

Paddling permitted on Lake Kurwongbah from Monday 8 September 2014

Following community feedback to our review of recreation at lakes Samsonvale and Kurwongbah, we will be opening up Lake Kurwongbah for paddling on Monday 8 September 2014, with an official launch planned on Saturday 13 September 2014. In preparation, over the coming months we will install a paddle craft wash down facility and launch point at Mick Hanfling Park. The wash down facility will help prevent the spread of cabomba, an aquatic weed present in the lake.

Water skiing will cease to be a permitted recreational activity on Monday 8 September 2014. We encourage skiers to visit our other water skiing lakes across the region www.seqwater.com.au/recreation Local ski club members are being offered complementary boating permits to Lake Somerset for three years to assist the transition.

Archived