been catching some quality Bream around Brisbane lately

arand18

Hey guess, lately me and my good mate have been catching some quality bream in the past month, usually when targeting bream we get small ones and annoying nibbles but lately we have been getting smashed by decent bream. What are your guys thoughts on this have you been experiencing the same??

post-11775-144599043379_thumb.jpg

post-11775-144599043389_thumb.jpg

post-11775-144599043396_thumb.jpg

This was a double hook up

A lot more bream have been caught but here are a couple

Thanks

Land-based? Have a few spots. I've been getting mixed bags lately (6 species yesterday) but the bulk of the catch are bream. At every spot there are schools of small bream. The bigger bream are there but since the small ones seems to swarm your bait/lures first, i have only been getting decent legal sizes (30+) every couple of sessions. (an hour or so each).

It has been like this for a few months. I comp fish a bit for bream in a few tournaments and there are a heap of bream in the bay. I think this spawning season will be great.

I go out on my friends boat and we catch heaps of bream under the gateway bridge, we also get whiting and flatties at vic lucas park near the big pipes(sewrage?). Also at brekkie creek, always worth a try there.

Thanks will have to get to those spots to try

Land-based? Have a few spots. I've been getting mixed bags lately (6 species yesterday) but the bulk of the catch are bream. At every spot there are schools of small bream. The bigger bream are there but since the small ones seems to swarm your bait/lures first, i have only been getting decent legal sizes (30+) every couple of sessions. (an hour or so each).

It has been like this for a few months. I comp fish a bit for bream in a few tournaments and there are a heap of bream in the bay. I think this spawning season will be great.

Glad to hear your getting more than bream!! My mate and I are starting to get sick of bream as lovely fish they are would love to get some different species.

There are some pretty big fellas in amongst the rocks at the front of the port. Pulling them out of their cover or getting the plastic or bait past the smaller fish is a challenge. This calm weather has given the opportunity to get up really close to the walls there and see how many fish hang in really close to the rocks and how big some of them are.

Archived