Gloomy Samurai

I was messing around in BCF yesterday and my phone rang and it was Dino. "I have no friends so please, please, please will you take me fishing" he managed to get out through his tears. "Yes of course I will take you fishing Dino", I replied, "Who knows you might actually learn something if you pay attention". So, we decided on Lake K at 6am.

It was a perfect morning with no wind or cloud to speak of. We launched and decided to head for a spot that Dino knew across the lake which he thought would produce fish but quickly managed to get a few on the troll. We found an area that was producing and decided to hang around there (incidentally it was nowhere near where Dino thought the fish would be).

Unfortunately about 15 minutes later we both met a new type of water user even more obnoxious then the jet skier, the skuller (row boats, not beer). I had to take some quick action to avoid being run over by by the idiot. He then proceeded to tell me I could not fish where I was and that it was my responsibility to avoid him running me down. Struck me as the sort of person who doesn't make friends well.

Seriously, it is a problem. Those guys are very quick, silent, hard to spot on the water and they face the opposite direction to where they are going so cannot see. Pays to give the area a wide birth if they are around.

Anyway, following that we went to where Dino said the fish would be. Unfortunately the fish didn't listen and were not to be found. I started casting around on the banks with no luck and Dino headed back to the scene of the earlier almost carnage to see if the fish were still there.

We did find a good school in the end that wasn't moving and was chewing its head off. Plenty of success on jigs and blades but really they were taking anything. Dino finished up with 54 (including 2 yellas) and I don't know what I got (I lose count at about 6). Probably 30 odd. Most of the fish were in that 30 - 35 cm range. I scored one at about 45cm up near the wall.

post-11214-144599069888_thumb.jpg

We got off the water at about 10.30 as had caught plenty of fish but they were certainly still biting. Completely different to Monday morning when the dam was completely shut down.

Cheers,

Andrew

Wow, yellas in Lake K :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I bet Dino was happy with that! I can't wait to get out there and get onto a few of them! If either of you are ever desperate and crying I'll always be more than happy to join you :P

James

I got a couple a few years ago then havnt seen any till today :woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived