Afternoon Landbased Bassin NPDam

Joe K

Hi Guys!

The weather was perfect for bassin so I was off to the NPDam for an afternoon walk and cast. I had a good morning session at Wivenhoe so I would have been happy with a couple of bass. 1st cast, the blade was hit on the drop catching me off guard and the fish dived into a snag. 2nd cast I caught myself a nice 48cm bass, a quick pic and back in she went.

The bite then slowed down, the blade was being bumped but no hook-ups. After 6-8 casts I was catching 30cm rat bass casting smaller 1/2 oz blades. Good fun as they were real hungry but lots of misses. The bigger bass returned and I was dropping every third fish to straightened or blunt hooks. The NE wind started to blow harder and the bites petered off so I called it a day. A great bassin day!

Cheers... Joe.

post-10975-144599086868_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599086877_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599086885_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599086893_thumb.jpg

I was meeting a mate for breakfast at Strathpine this morning. So I thought "Why not have a quick fish before brekky"? A few days ago, Dino "cleaned up the bass" landbased fishing in heavy overcast conditions, so I was feeling lucky. Arrived at the NPDam at 7am and after a 10 minute walk, I had almost an hour of quality fishing. After casting for 15 minutes I found a school of baby bass. I was hoping to hook the big fat babysitter but it was not to be. At 7.30 clouds opened up and the rain was pelting down so I had to call it quits.. Fun while it lasted!

I'll share this beaut pic of a feisty little fella.

post-10975-144599087102_thumb.jpg

Archived