billfishing off goldcoast

Ausswi

roobs wrote:

there's always been plenty of sharks there, and plenty of surfers. funnily enough hardly any of them get eaten, but there aren't any seals around so i don't think the sharks are chasing large warm blooded prey.

Seals???? I've never seen a seal in Queensland (except at Underwater World).

That seal theory is very questionable IMO.

Tell the 230 odd Queenslanders that have been attacked that a shark thought they were a seal - I don't think so.;)

About surfers (skeg heads) A mate and I were fishing for Mako sharks off a Place called Torquay down south.

We had a burley mixture of blood from the abitors (mates cusin worked there ;) ) fish frames from a different mate tuna oil pillies you name it :) we had a huge slick out the back of the boat with 2 stripies suspended under ballons in the middle of the slick ;)

Well these 4 skeg heads paddle out looking for the ultimate wave :P

Thought we'd do the right thing and warn them not to come out here WELL didn't they go OFF

what do you f%$$king think you own the ocean you can get F$%$ked etc etc

we sat there till they shut up and promptly pointed out how calm the water they where in and the 2 ballons not far away and they were sitting in the burly slick and we were SHARK fishing :woohoo:

you have never seen 4 skeg heads paddle so fast it was like their boards had outboards fitted :silly:

BTW I boated 1 and my mate got 2 all about the 6-7 foot mark :woohoo:

Gaz

that'll learn em

Archived