Pine River 11/09/16

timtam_

Well didn't the weather play it's part this weekend. 

Headed to Hays Inlet with Tika and my younger brother on Sunday morning and was fishing by 8:00am. 

Tika nabbed two good flathead going 44 and 43 cm respectively. It was quite a proud moment for me when she let me in on her secret - she had taken it upon herself to SLOWLY wind her prawn across the bottom, resulting in the two fish. It's good to see, after all the trips, that she'll soon be a true angler of her own accord. Before heading off, I managed to christen my NS Favourite on a baby flatty. He hardly put a bend in the rod!!!IMG_1789[1].JPGIMG_1790[1].JPG

Also managed to finish off my casting deck on Saturday before the rain hits. I have many trips planned - but not enough time to do them all. Bass at Borumba, Threadies at the Port, Mackeral at the Beacons, Flathead on the Goldy, and Jacks on the Sunny Coast!! All of which I know will hold fish, it's just a matter of putting enough time into each pursuit to reap the benefits. 
IMG_1786[1].JPGIMG_1785[1].JPGIMG_1784[1].JPG
Tim

That sounds like a pretty fun session to me, always nice to get a few fish! Sounds like a few good plans you've got lined up too. You should add snapper at the bay islands and tuna off bribie on the list on a good weather day :whistle:, its quite hilarious slapping a big chunk of fish on the deck of a tiny boat. I used to do that trip regularly.

Those Nordic favourites can cop a beating too. They perform like a higher quality rod but at a ridiculous price, so my favourites are always the ones left on the deck and I've lost count how many times ive stepped on them and fish flapping around on top of them hahah awesome little rods.

6 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

That sounds like a pretty fun session to me, always nice to get a few fish! Sounds like a few good plans you've got lined up too. You should add snapper at the bay islands and tuna off bribie on the list on a good weather day :whistle:, its quite hilarious slapping a big chunk of fish on the deck of a tiny boat. I used to do that trip regularly.

Those Nordic favourites can cop a beating too. They perform like a higher quality rod but at a ridiculous price, so my favourites are always the ones left on the deck and I've lost count how many times ive stepped on them and fish flapping around on top of them hahah awesome little rods.

Not many left now. But thanks for the words @samsteele115  :) Still clearing the last couple of dozen at the 50 price. Sounds like heaps but not when we over a k of them.

Awesome report @timtam_. Nothing like a feed of fresh flatty.

7 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Wouldn't have the foggiest on how to target Longtail!! Followed you on instagram earlier this week - are you mates with any of the local lads in Pat Lawson, or any of the Renouf's?
Hopefully I'll have a chance to try out the whole big fish slapping on the deck thing... 

21 minutes ago, Angus said:

Awesome report @timtam_. Nothing like a feed of fresh flatty.

Don't I know it! I'll tee you up to grab another one or two at the end of the month. 

Archived