caming at Inskip

kerri1

i went there 6mnths back got bogged on the camp track in a 2wd like afool pulled out the camp gear like we ment to stayed the night it was beautifull caught a few dart at dawn pushed out the ute went and did our job [the reason we were there ] and went home it was bloody wonderfull there is an old jetty at the back of the place thats worth checking out to could pay if the beach is blown out good luck and have fun there:)

I went up that way a few months back and stayed in the Inskip Peninsula Recreation Area. We had 4WD's but you could get to where we stayed without them. If you go via Gympie you can get right up to Rainbow Beach and if you drive further North, Inskip Point. The camp sites are actually situated in and around the dunes, but there is a road running parallel to the sites so you could park your car pretty much at your site. There are selaed roads between Rainbow and Inskip Point. I have also fished on the old (closed off) jetty, we got a few pike and bream. I also found out why it was closed off, stepping on a rusty nail on the way out. Lucky I have had my Tetanus shot, haha.

Good spot up there, I am actually heading up to Teewah in a few weeks for a few nights with my mates. This time we are going along the beach.

Heres a decent map with a fair bit of info about the area:

/>http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publications/p01713aa.pdf/Cooloola_conditions_report_last_updated_27_September_2007.pdf

Hope this helps!

-Nelson-

I have had some great times at inskip, have caught school Mackerel off the beach every time... Unreal!!

Not a problem with a 2wd car.... you can park really close to a camp spot in the dunes, there are also some spots on grass just near the beachfront where you can take the car.

With enough of a run up we have also had 2wd cars on the beach.. always fine until we need to get it off again

Woody

Archived