Hello. I'm a new user.

crusty4130

Hi, guys I'm new to the site. I have a little Mustang 1450 Bow rider. I love all kinds of fishing but Fly fishing most of all. I joined the site as a result of seeing a whole bucnch of dead fish near Jundalee and being absolutely blown away by the fact that they were threadfin salmon. So I did a search that led me here. Threadfin are known in NT as a brililant fly fishing species and I want to work out how to catch them here. If anyone knows how to catch threadies on ordinary tackle ( and can hellp me find them. I can return the favour by teaching them how to catch them on fly. I am limited on time so don't have endless weekends to do hit and miss.

YEap fair enough. I am time limited myself. Mate simple the best place, based on simple numbers of fish caught would have to be Kookaburra park and the stretches of river around there. I think this locations would also be sweet as for fly fishing. If you are basing your fly patterns on what the fish are eating, most are taken on live Herring or live prawns.

The mouth of Boggy Creek in the Brisbane River has also been fishing very well for Salmon with some being caught on lures.

I hope this has been of some help.

P.S. Welcome to the site.

Angus

Archived