BRC Prefishing?

Angus

Hery everyone.

Just wondering how many people are prefishing the classic and how many are lucking it?

I have noticed a lot of reports non river related by compeititors so i was curious!

Also is there anyone going for all categories? Or is everyone being quite specific this time?

Angus

Well im \"prefishing\" for sharks tomorrow night between the Jindalee and moggil area. I'll let you know how i go on sunday with a report. Hopeing to get some threadies too as a bycatch;)

Also be the first run of my tinnie since it got its new casting deck put on, :woohoo:And of course team PISHING FIMPS will looking to take out all the sections! Fishing Pimps white wash!:woohoo:

Angus I will have a rod or handline over the side that stands a chance in all classes!

Days - catfish

Nights - sharks / threadies and bream will be my target.

Dont have time for a prefish, I will only be home 4 nights between now and the classic, I figure its best to spend them getting Brownie points than getting in a prefish! Particularly as I will be fishing straight through for the classic (camping on the boat)

Might have some tricky questions for you at weigh in though!

IE Should I weigh in my 1m threadie, or my 80cm snapper for the misco fish section?

Oh yeah and if Alex is missing at the weigh in you'll know his threadie was bigger than mine!

Feral wrote:

Angus I will have a rod or handline over the side that stands a chance in all classes!

Days - catfish

Nights - sharks / threadies and bream will be my target.

Dont have time for a prefish, I will only be home 4 nights between now and the classic, I figure its best to spend them getting Brownie points than getting in a prefish! Particularly as I will be fishing straight through for the classic (camping on the boat)

Might have some tricky questions for you at weigh in though!

IE Should I weigh in my 1m threadie, or my 80cm snapper for the misco fish section?

Oh yeah and if Alex is missing at the weigh in you'll know his threadie was bigger than mine!

Or if ferals toothy is bigger than alex you will know why alex is missing.:P

Happy to report that Team Verminator (paperwork'll be in this weekend) will be targeting all classes...of course, this pretty much means that we'll be just contesting the cattie section, probably with a huge bycatch of excluded fish (rays, shovels, etc) sigh. Still, I'll have the young fella aboard in the junior category, so the little bugger'll probably outfish me as usual :blush:

Kev and I braved the weather and did a drive around to suss out a few spots last night. I showed him my secret spot and he nearly wet his pants! Only problem was there isn't a good spot there to get baitfish. Had a few mullet from our visit to the Breaky creek boat ramp. Chucked them on. Kev was first to hook up. He claimed it as a big one but I knew the tide was telling lies. Up came an average cattie. I had my overhead in free spool with the ratchet on while I cast some lures around. All of a sudden ZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ. I looked at Kevin and all he could do was :ohmy:

Pretty heavy cattie came up. Not that long but really really wide and fat. Took ages to haul out of the depths against the tide. No real fight just a constant thump.

Kev got 2 more micro catties. I should have put one on a hook but didn't think of it.

Not a bad pre fish. At least we know a spot to go to if the popular ones get too crowded. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cattie-c9aeae5cac458050b209bb1234c50faa.jpg

post-1402-144598433667_thumb.jpg

Cliffy wrote:

Happy to report that Team Verminator (paperwork'll be in this weekend) will be targeting all classes...of course, this pretty much means that we'll be just contesting the cattie section, probably with a huge bycatch of excluded fish (rays, shovels, etc) sigh. Still, I'll have the young fella aboard in the junior category, so the little bugger'll probably outfish me as usual :blush:

Cliffy, After Malcolm and my session last night, I reckon you've got some new competition:laugh:

ellicat wrote:

Cliffy wrote:

Cliffy, After Malcolm and my session last night, I reckon you've got some new competition:laugh:

OMG, that's HUGE - well done mate!!

Archived