Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone has been doing well on the prawns lately in the Brisbane River. The other night i went to Colmslie and only my dad and i only caught about 4 with about 2hrs or throwing (we caught about 35 herring though). I was wondering if anyone had any good spots where they were catching about 50-200 prawns (I'm just freezing them for bait in the future and i certainly don't want 10L

Please login or register to view this image
 ). I throw a 4ft net (which i will be upgrading to a six foot soon as it is nearly worn out).

Cheers Hamish

Hi Hamish,

There are usually prawns just out in front of Nudgee Beach, but usually in winter from memory. You need a boat. But if you do have one you could just jump from boat to boat until you find them when it’s prawning season. The boats are that thick! Lol. I’m sure others on here will be able to advise you on the best spots and time of year.

Greg

Alright, thanks for that GregOug. I've never been prawning in Nudgee before, hence my failed whiting trips there. I have got a kayak and i can throw my net decently out of that, so maybe i might give Nudgee a crack soon to. I s'pose if i catch enough there i could eat them, I just don't fancy eating prawns out of the river because i think they'll taste muddy and have toxins in them from eating stuff off the ground. Yeah, I went on the Pine river and out towards Nudgee on my friends granpa's boat and i saw a truckload of people prawning one time and I bet you probably could jump boat to boat!

Cheers Hamish