Bucket List Fish

Fishaman

16 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Exhilarating angling. Was it a diamond trevelly ?

Yeah. I’ve wanted one for ages. I wish I’d got the initial strike on GoPro. The line was just streaking across in front of the yak. I couldn’t reel in the slack quick enough and then zzzzzzzzzzzz it was peeling drag. I chased it down. The vid only caught the last third of the tussle. Pretty happy camper tonight. Also went home with a feed of flathead so can’t complain 

5 hours ago, ellicat said:

Sounds like a brilliant day.

What size were the flatties ? I've seen some bigger models come from the Passage in recent times.

Got three all around 48-55cms. There have been some big girls moving in with this cooler weather. Got a 79cm last weekend. My cousin has 3 over 80cm in the last couple of weeks too. 

this is the time of year to land the big girls. 

3 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Fishaman

That looks like a great session you had just then, great job on the new PB and ticking it off the bucket list! 🙂 

I have always wanted to catch a Diamond Trevally, but it must've been so fun on 6lb on the flats! 

By the way, just subscribed to your channel. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish 

Cheers mate. I need to get some more vids up. I have heaps of footage, just too busy to edit.