Oil leak

AZZA

Hi guys,the other day as I walked around the back of Tinny I noitced oil on the ground on closer inspection two stroke oil ,whipped off the cowle and the air box thingy looking to find a leaking hose. Hoses ok but oil seems to be building up around bottom two air intakes and then running down under motor. The only thing I can think of is that the last time out spent two days trolling at idle with only very short ,and few high speed runs.What I recall from the old dirt bike days is that they liked to be riden hard or plugs would oil up, does anyone know of another reason for this happening? Oh yeah it's a Evinrude di 115

i have similar oil that runs down the body sometimes, asked my mechanic and he said its just unburnt fuel oil that runs out of the carby and gathers in the engine bay then runs out when it gets too much in there, i keep it in check by cleaning the oil out every so often, hope that is all it is with your donk azza..!!

Maxi

My ETEC did the same thing. was a very hard leak to find. In the end it was a very fine crack in the oil resevoir. IT was leaking down the inside of the leg and out the ports. IT was clean new oil so was very distinguishable.

It the oil is black then it will be unburnt oil from your fuel.

Archived