Fishing Rivers After Rain

Cam Lenton

Evening all

Hope your weekend was a little more fruitful than mine 😂 
Took the tinny out last night. Great tide/moon phase. Had perfect sized live mullet and live prawns for bait. Drifting top and change of the tide in known Jew and Salmon territory. Unfortunately, spent more time watching the footy on Kayo than reeling In the fish. Just wondering if the affects of the deluge SE QLD received a week still has an effect of fishing. The Logan and Albert river get quite ‘fresh’ after   rain, with the fresh water working its way down stream. Just wondering if people take previous rain into account when fishing local rivers? 
cheers
Cam

I don't think the amount of rain we had would have had much, if any, effect on the lower Brisbane River (assuming that was where you were) due to the tidal fluctuations.

After a significant amount of rain you can generally pick up a definite line where the turbid fresh meets the clear salt. This is supposed to be a good area to target jew. Not sure if it has much to do with a thready bite as they seem to be in turbid areas as much as anywhere.

Hey Cam

My better catches of fish in the river have been in a low rain period. In the middle reaches I find especially I get bugger all if it's raining. I think it needs to be quite saline to fish well up where I am... I'd assume after a big flush out the vermin would come out.

I don't think we've had enough rain at the moment for the mouth of the river to get too dirty. You may know/have seen otherwise. 

Cheers Hamish

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I don't think the amount of rain we had would have had much, if any, effect on the lower Brisbane River (assuming that was where you were) due to the tidal fluctuations.

After a significant amount of rain you can generally pick up a definite line where the turbid fresh meets the clear salt. This is supposed to be a good area to target jew. Not sure if it has much to do with a thready bite as they seem to be in turbid areas as much as anywhere.

Thanks Ellicat

Sounds right, but nothing for me. Must mean I have to keep trying 😉 oh no 😂

I was in the Logan and Albert 

22 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Cam

My better catches of fish in the river have been in a low rain period. In the middle reaches I find especially I get bugger all if it's raining. I think it needs to be quite saline to fish well up where I am... I'd assume after a big flush out the vermin would come out.

I don't think we've had enough rain at the moment for the mouth of the river to get too dirty. You may know/have seen otherwise. 

Cheers Hamish

Cheers Hamish