Checkmate In The Logan

Old Scaley

14 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Sounds like a great day on the water. Shame you couldn't get an upgrade for the comp 🙂

Mrs Scaley must enjoy lots of fish dinners. You have been prolific lately. Well done. 

She is always happy when I come home for a feed. Luckily for me @tugger has a freezer full of quality reef fish from recent trips so left me with the catch of tasty bread and butters yesterday. Weather looks good tomorrow. Might have to have another go somewhere.

2 minutes ago, GregOug said:

I need a mate with a freezer full of fish so I can take something home to the missus occasionally too.

Mrs ellicat doesn't even ask if I've caught fish anymore. She just asks if I had a nice day. lol Even when I do catch fish I usually let my companion take them home as I'm usually too lazy to fillet and cook them. Some days I do though.

37 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Nice one. Shame they were a bit of hard work. I went out today with a fella and struggled to get about the same bag. We also put in a fair bit of time trolling for flathead with only 2 unders to show for it.

Certainly beats 4 walls though.

It’s good that they let you out occasionally 

Just now, GregOug said:

Oh sorry! I apologise. I had the wrong facility. When you said four walls I immediately remembered my stays in another type of facility. You get out even less often there. But the padded walls are quite nice to bang your head against I must admit.

Nah. Only kidding. They haven’t managed to catch me yet.

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Here is my usual dead fish photo for your viewing pleasure:

FA9F76DC-A12A-4758-BBE0-1C09340D2EB0.thumb.jpeg.33896ad3cba7ea8e89ba4b453afcb49d.jpeg

I appreciate the effort you have gone to to create this art piece Steve - it must have taken quite an effort to get the macabre lighting just right and I really like the random pattern of fish with some upright and others upside down. You are really honing your craft well ......... 😉🙃😁

Nice work on the fish - always good to get to know a different location. Didn't drop any pots?

Edited by kmcrosby78
Perfectionist :)

35 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I appreciate the effort you have gone to create this art piece Steve - it must have taken quite an effort to get the macabre lighting just right and I really like the random pattern of fish with some upright and others upside down. You are really honing your craft well ......... 😉🙃😁

Nice work on the fish - always good to get to know a different location. Didn't drop any pots?

The fish didn’t have a chance. They didn't even know which way was up.

38 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I appreciate the effort you have gone to create this art piece Steve - it must have taken quite an effort to get the macabre lighting just right and I really like the random pattern of fish with some upright and others upside down. You are really honing your craft well ......... 😉🙃😁

No pots this time Kelvin, but we did take note of where the pro pots were for next time.

11 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

She is always happy when I come home for a feed. Luckily for me @tugger has a freezer full of quality reef fish from recent trips so left me with the catch of tasty bread and butters yesterday. Weather looks good tomorrow. Might have to have another go somewhere.

Nice one mate. Living the dream. 

Put 

19 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Did you get out mate?

I had to go to the lease to pick up some oysters. 

I towed lures for about 4 hours for 1 bonny...

But I did catch an octopus at the lease so eating well tomorrow night. 

Put a few lazy hours in at the port for a couple of small bites and no fish. I saw your message about the lease when I got home, which was too late. Sure was a busy day at the ramp for a Thursday.  Octopus hey? Yum! 

11 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Put 

Put a few lazy hours in at the port for a couple of small bites and no fish. I saw your message about the lease when I got home, which was too late. Sure was a busy day at the ramp for a Thursday.  Octopus hey? Yum! 

Yep it was living in one of the pipes. I knew it was there because there was a midden of shells and dead crabs out the front 🙂