Zolli

Hey Zolli

Well, I’m in Sherwood, so there’s a few spots I know if around. The Brisbane River will get pike eels and freshwater eels. Use a sinker big enough to get to the ground, and about a 4/o suicide hook. Prawn is the best bait, but I’ve caught them on mullet too. 

I would be happy to tee up a session too, if you wanted that. I’ll catch you a bull shark at my local spot on plain old mullet (or a 90% chance anyways haha).

Cheers Hamish 

Just now, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Oh, I certainly wouldn’t be game to cook an eel out of the river - a shark, yes... but an eel might eat and taste a bit scummier. Lol.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Saying that, I’ve never tried one and apparently smoking is the way to go if you’re going to eat them. I doubt you’d have anything to lose and might find they are delicious! 

1 hour ago, Zolli said:

Thanks mate I’ll keep all this in mind cheers 

Hey Zolli, Welcome to the forum.

All the fresh water creeks around you hold eels. We used to sneak into the golf course at night and catch them. Plenty in the dams and creeks on the course. 

They live in the dams around St Lucia campus too. 

Also the creek near Nugee Junior school and any of the creeks near the kenmore soccer fields hold them. Brookfield creek also. 

I am like you and eat them. Eels are so delicious and underrated in Aust. The Japanese know how to cook them. 

1 hour ago, Zolli said:

Yeah at Indropilly on way to sir John chandler park but stealth it cause I don’t think they like people fishing there dams but luck favours the brave 

I know one of my mates was up for a night stealth mission and I was up for a fish 😜... Besides, what's the worst that can happen?

CHeers Hamish