Finally went and wet a line.

Ed.

36 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

How do the foreshores around Urangan fish? Maybe some better cover from wind on the exposed jetty?

Fishing there is patchy. Whiting and flathead around the flats sometimes. There used to be good yabbie banks south of the Pier, but I couldn’t find them last time I was there? If you are like most people there and happy to target whiting, you might be better getting some yabbies around the Eli Creek estuary and fishing there or straight off the beach at Shelly Beach or Torquay. The Pier should fish better in the warmer weather. 

Even better, find a neighbour who has a boat and needs a deckie. A lot of boats sitting in front yards in the Bay. Good luck!

Thanks Kat, basically anything that was tempted to take my bait, such as Trevally or Mackerel. Ray's weren't on my preferred list but it was still fun, even a decent shark would have been nice. It has been a very long time since I hooked a fish so needed the practice, so better to practice on and lose a ray than a decent fish 😀.

7 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Thanks Kat, basically anything that was tempted to take my bait, such as Trevally or Mackerel. Ray's weren't on my preferred list but it was still fun, even a decent shark would have been nice. It has been a very long time since I hooked a fish so needed the practice, so better to practice on and lose a ray than a decent fish 😀.

Agree - some days I wish I could catch a ray!  Better than catching 2inch stripies lol

I've been to hervey bay but usually have the boat in tow to fish, so haven't really fished the jetty.

Only done the walk out to check out if there is any fishing action happening. Ballooning out from the jetty would be a cool way to get onto some mackeral.

I do see myself moving further north towards hervey bay / maryborough for the fishing but i've got a couple of decades of work to go 🙂

Was looking at buying something just before all the floods were happening, which has scared me off buying a bit because its not clear which areas were most recently flood affected.