Hello lads, ive been on the search for a light - medium jigging rod (a 2 part) that i can take out and have a good time. ive been on the search and have got a budget of about 100-150$.

If you guys have any advice on rods that are good for what im looking for please let me know, i already know that shimano and Daiwo are some of the best brands for rods but im open to other brands, if it comes with a reel that would be even better.

Also, 1-3kg rod or 2-4kg rod for jigging?

Thanks guys.

depends what size fish you’re going to pull in but i personally prefer 2-4 a slighter higher capacity just gives you more range whilst still being able to flick lures quite well

most penn carbon rods will be quite good and look at ugly stick aswell or even diawa if you’re willing to spend a bit more.

for a good reel i would go any shimano 1000-3000, put a bit of neon braid on the reel with some 10-15 pound leader again if willing to spend a bit more a nice penn or diawa reel would be good, but i reccomend a shimano seinna or fx they are very good for the price