good boating tips for the fisho

old.salty mick 1983

hi my friends what are any good boating tips for a aspiring fisho are there was any practical good smart tipf for boating in my home waters as you knew thiswas asking for advice on the good boating tips i can use on my boat in future this was a suggestion on any good tip for the boat based fisho like me have to learn in future hope thiswas of any help to you 

As we know, in coastal waters it is best to take a mate with you in case anything should go awry.

Learn your motor's fuel consumption rate. Always allow an extra third to what you think you will need.

Don't be afraid to wear your life jacket.

Learn how to use your Epirb before you head out.

Join a rescue group like the Coastguard and always log on when heading out.

I'd recommend you join a fishing club and ask them lots of questions about your area.

Do not leave it until the last minute to run home if the weather is coming in....often times it may be better to sit out the squall safely and return after it has passed. 

Always keep an eye on the weather forecast, observations and radars before and during a boating trip.

Do not try and punch back through a squall.

The same as I do here on the lake and the river, take extra emergency fuel and put fuel doctor ect in it. Take spare spark plugs and a basic tool kit, and know basic engine fault finding. 

If possible put a water separator on your fuel line like this. 

https://www.whitworths.com.au/mini-marine-water-separating-fuel-filter-kit

Take spare engine oil if it's a 4 stroke. 

I only run a little 5kp 4 stroke on my river punt, but all of that lives on my boat, if I get water in the fuel which has happened, I can pull over to the bank and in such an emergency tip the fuel out and put the fresh emergency fuel in. 

I also pack a spare cut off switch clip on thing, and a small can of airostart.